Italians do it better [RUMOR]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does January 19th mean out as in able to buy it or out as in first radio play?

Well.. but 19 on air o 19 in shop...

someone written 19 is monday..so 19 in shop :D ??

Sicy traduzione perfetta :D

Baci :kiss:

Oh, I see what this is about. :)
Teasing old-fashioned people that don't want to rely on machines to do our work for us, huh? ;)
Of course I could've done that but Google translations hardly make sense in my opinion. :D
Thank you for giving us something to get started with though.:applaud:

I was just messin with ya! :hug:

Does January 19th mean out as in able to buy it or out as in first radio play?

i'm 99% sure it means "radio release". normally the single sales are about a month after a radio premiere. so if it was a cd release, i think we would have heard the song by now.

The schedule seems very compressed if this rumour is true.

January 19th: Get Your Boots On released to radio - just 6 weeks before album release.

This suggests the single will be available to purchase very soon following the radio play instead of the large delay we previously saw with Vertigo.

I'm still hoping to hear the song by this weekend. Several stations said they'll play it Monday...

*Fingers crossed*

I don't think it is going to actually "leak". U2 will likely send a digital file to many stations around the world simultaneously.

Somebody will have it in their "hands" early though. Then it will hit the internet.

That's my prediction at least.

:hug:

I certainly hope we're done messing with European U2 fans in this thread though. What an interesting rumour! When was it that the fan met with McGuinness a couple of months back and he mentioned something about an European start of the tour?

A fan who posts on German board u2tour.de said he met Paul in London a couple of weeks ago and Paul said that U2 would tour Europe in summer and will be in Spain by the end of June. He didn't say that they would open the tour in Spain, but it seems likely.

Somebody will have it in their "hands" early though. Then it will hit the internet.

That's my prediction at least.

I know that leaks have happened in the past, but it just seems like U2 have wised up. Instead of sending stations the song and saying "don't place this until such and such date", I think they'll send it electronically and let the stations go crazy as soon as they receive it. Do stations always receive hard copies first, even with super-anticipated songs?

Of course, I would love to be very wrong.

Tour starts in Europe? :|
I wish it didn't. The first shows in a U2 tour are always too raw and preparing the path for the tour, like they were the real rehearsals. I think that, usually, the best shows are the latter ones. Not necessarily in quality, but in atmosphere and emotion.

I think it's true, because I don't think there will be a US leg before summer.
Milano and Rome are already confirmed, according to u2place.com.

There have been many rumours and speculations about other European city in July/August, I think this is very possible.

Glad to see U2 opening in Europe again, stadium concerts rock! :up:

-U2 start stadium tour in Europe and sale lots of tickets

-US gets really excited about U2 stadium show while U2 is touring Europe buying that many more tickets.

-U2 comes to North America with their first stadium tour since Popmart.

The tour part honestly doesn't interest me much at this point. If they come to Boston later, it will give me more time to save up anyway.

I'm interested in the new music first and foremost.

Because the website says its unofficial.

:shrug:

Here it is, posted yesterday:
Rumours (Unfounded)
Just a note to correct some online information suggesting that tickets are available for U2 shows this summer. No tickets are available and no shows have been announced.

There are no tour dates for the band at the moment so please don't get stung by buying tickets for shows that don't exist.

You can be sure any future live announcements will be made on U2.Com as soon as details are confirmed.

U2.com | Official News

Tour starts in Europe? :|
I wish it didn't. The first shows in a U2 tour are always too raw and preparing the path for the tour, like they were the real rehearsals. I think that, usually, the best shows are the latter ones. Not necessarily in quality, but in atmosphere and emotion.

Yeah, now you know our pain.

Fall US leg :drool:

Back
Top Bottom