Is U2 working on the album now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh_OMG said:
U2 should make an album in 3 months, that would be the best in years.....

Hm, but I fear it would be 11 tunes, that are only instrumental. Because with Bono saving the world & meeting presidents & meeting business colleague, there would be no lyrics - or improvised ones, not reminding of Yeats but kindergarden.

Only solution: Lock the band in a place, far away from their homes, staff, cellular phones, fax and meeting dates. Just the four of them with creative producers/musicians aside - and you get a really great, great album. Why not live in Slane Castle again, folks? At least for a while ...

Sometimes I think time can help. If ATYCLB was released quickly, Beautiful Day would still be "Always" and Stuck In A Moment would have Mick Jagger on backing vocals.

The John Tree said:
Sometimes I think time can help. If ATYCLB was released quickly, Beautiful Day would still be "Always" and Stuck In A Moment would have Mick Jagger on backing vocals.
Would it be bad? Always is not as huge as BD but is very nice too. Jagger on vocals would be cool, I'd like to hear that one day.

^ THAT is the kind of songs and alternate versions that should've been sold in the Rare/unreleased thing of i-Tunes...
The other songs that took that place should've been Bomb b-sides.

They're waiting for the heaps of box sets that can be sold when U2 stops producing new music for all of the crazy awesome b-side/unused material to pop through.

Always a great song except for the "safety belt" line. All That You Can't Leave Behind is a solid album, but would've been absolutely sublime with a few changes.

Aygo said:
Would it be bad? Always is not as huge as BD but is very nice too.

:slant: Yes, it would be horrible.

Do I really have to paste the lyrics here? Because I will if I have to. :|

LemonMelon said:

:slant: Yes, it would be horrible.

Do I really have to paste the lyrics here? Because I will if I have to. :|
Almost all U2 songs have more "unfortunate" lyrics. "Always" just has got some more, but is not that bad. U2 has got pretty worse in his catalogue.

The John Tree said:

Yeah but then Native Son would have replaced Vertigo, the alternate version of ABOY would have been used, and Xanax and Wine would have replaced Fast Cars :drool:

Chizip said:

Yeah but then Native Son would have replaced Vertigo, the alternate version of ABOY would have been used, and Xanax and Wine would have replaced Fast Cars :drool:

I'll give you that, but the god-awful version of Sometimes... would've made the album.

One of the only times I agree with their second-guessing.

Hm, I thought Vertigo and the official version of ABOY were better than their demos.

Xanax and Wine, of course, completely destroys Fast Cars.

The only thing I miss from the "alternative Bomb" is the original lyric to ABOY. :sigh:

I just hope those lines get re-used.

Back
Top Bottom