Is This The Best U2 Album Ever?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took me a while to like HTDMAB. This I liked on the first listen. This will crack the top three greatest U2 albums. Not sure it makes it to #1 in my book. It is fighting for #2.

This album is much better than the last two, so a much higher rating is a given.

After slavishly wanting every crumb of a review I have to say I feel like I've reached the Nirvana of not caring what the reviews say.
I absolutely love this album!!

It took me a while to like HTDMAB. This I liked on the first listen. This will crack the top three greatest U2 albums. Not sure it makes it to #1 in my book. It is fighting for #2.

Well, besides 2-3 songs, it does the exact opposite to me. I will need to listen to this album a lot to like it. It is actually great. I remember not liking AB in the beginning.... so if it does the same to me after 4 months, I'll be in heaven. NLOTH is not an easy album to "understand", lot harder than Bomb or ATYCLB.... :applaud:

I enjyoed just about every song, but there is nothing that sticks out as a truely amazing song. its solid all around but there aren't any songs on par with one or where the streets have no name, or even acrobat.

can't say yet....dont think it can top AB. but i love it so far and thats crazy b/c its an album you have to really grow into...so who knows?

that being said, really confident it will be in my top 5. beat JT and AB? only time will tell.

I don't think anything will top Achtung Baby for me......but this is a very good album, so far I definitely like it better than the last two. I think its because it has more depth to it. I liked ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but I rarely listen to the entire albums in full or want to listen to them that often...usually I just pick a song here and there from them. I think this is one I will want to listen to as a whole. It's beautiful work.

26163337.jpg

5 stars. :love:

I don't think anything will top Achtung Baby for me......but this is a very good album, so far I definitely like it better than the last two. I think its because it has more depth to it. I liked ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but I rarely listen to the entire albums in full or want to listen to them that often...usually I just pick a song here and there from them. I think this is one I will want to listen to as a whole. It's beautiful work.

Exactly my feeling! Time will tell if anything will replace my first love, Achtung Baby. :heart:
I also rarely listen to albums as a whole. This was probably meant to be listened to as a whole. It wouldn't really make sense if you didn't. At least for me.

It is an unqualified masterpiece. While there is still more layers to uncover - you just get pulled into it's light right away. You just know rather quickly you are listening to something beautiful and other-worldly.

Great Job, Gentlemen!:up:

Not the best, but the last one!!!!!!

Well as bono voice has improved alot since the vertigo tour, and the bands new album is looking really promising, and they have shown us they can make new sounds and styles, i very doubt it be there last.

Upon first listen, there are songs that stuck out more than others. Overall I like the flow that the album creates. I feel as with any new album the band has grown and it will take time for us to reaquaint ourselves with them. So far I'm loving it!

I haven't heard it yet, so it must be their third masterpiece.

I haven't listened to it yet. I'm downloading it now. But, I have to say, when I first heard ATYCLB and HTDAAB, I thought, "third best after JT and AB." I sometimes put War up there with JT and AB. So the question for me, is it better than War, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, as well as Boy, Pop, UF and Zooropa. If so, it's probably the long-awaited masterpiece number 3. I'll get back to you after I listen to it 10 or 15 times...

This one is light years ahead of its two predecessors. Totally different for what they have released. Achtung & Zooropa are the closest... (if you want to throw in Passengers too).

hahaha i predicted this one a year ago (the thread, not the album) and i suspect i'm not alone.

it's good, but it has to weather the test of time.

I think even JT and AB have a few weaker songs and NLOTH was always going to have as well. What makes this album different to all those since AB is its consistent quality throughout and the number of songs on the album. There are definitely more highlights on NLOTH than ATYCLB and HTDAAB and overall it's a better album than Pop, Zooropa or TUF in my view. Therefore it is their 3rd best album, but nothing will ever top The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby because they were monumental and the sentimentality surrouding those albums.
U2 could release albums for the next 10 years and it will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom