Is this a new real clip or fake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well wasnt there any talk in Marocco of using birds in a song? Or am I wrong? This song got birds

Well if this is the new sound it will be the most intressting album since Zooropa.

Its the same bass line, its the same drums. Im excited.

Someone might of just combined the two and changed the pace of the track and named it u2's new sound, whatever it was i quite liked it.

i think that this is a collection of genuine U2 sounds looped into something that isn't real, if that makes sense... good find though!

Hard to argue that they dont sound the same because the green tea video and this one sound almost identical with a few changes but yes same bass line and drums just looks like it was modified a bit. It is diff U2 just don't know if someone made it out of the green tea and other video clip or if it is actual U2 who made it like that but it is for sure U2 sounds!

i cannot believe everybody here is falling for this. yes, the sounds are similar to what U2.com has been posting. listen to that bassline/guitar for the green tea video and hear how clear and loud it is. compare it to the 'watery'/effected up version from this 'rehearsal.' why would U2 be 'rehearsing' anyway? also, the drums are nowhere near as crisp either.

it's somebody who has too much time on their hands playing with garageband or with their keyboards and equipment at home making some sort of 2nd rate clip to get a rise out of people.

as for the point they've been letting people into the studio- do you really think that they'd let somebody into the studio and let them record what's going on in there? if so, i didn't realize there was a zoo in hanover quay, and the audio quality still wouldn't be right.

i cannot believe everybody here is falling for this. yes, the sounds are similar to what U2.com has been posting. listen to that bassline/guitar for the green tea video and hear how clear and loud it is. compare it to the 'watery'/effected up version from this 'rehearsal.' why would U2 be 'rehearsing' anyway? also, the drums are nowhere near as crisp either.

it's somebody who has too much time on their hands playing with garageband or with their keyboards and equipment at home making some sort of 2nd rate clip to get a rise out of people.

as for the point they've been letting people into the studio- do you really think that they'd let somebody into the studio and let them record what's going on in there? if so, i didn't realize there was a zoo in hanover quay, and the audio quality still wouldn't be right.

Dude, are you serious? Youre tryin really hard to hold on to this denial. Its not similar, its the exact same. Its not some dude in a garage, its Larry and Adam. Period.

forget about the green tea
the bassline in the background and drum in this YouTube - Larry Mullen Jnr playing drums
(drum is louder)

is the same as this YouTube - U2 rehearsels new sound 2008
(bass is louder)

Its the exact same, the exact same, the exact same. I seriously cant understand how you can deny this?

It's NOT the same. it's the same beat except bastardized. I am not in denial whatsoever. I can just see through bullshit clearly. That bass is NOT the same and also has a few quirks and changes. The drumming is also seemingly slower as well and again, i will state, the quality differs. You've yet to address that and just keep pointing me to the same clips i've already acknowledged ad nausem.

It's NOT the same. it's the same beat except bastardized. I am not in denial whatsoever. I can just see through bullshit clearly. That bass is NOT the same and also has a few quirks and changes. The drumming is also seemingly slower as well and again, i will state, the quality differs. You've yet to address that and just keep pointing me to the same clips i've already acknowledged ad nausem.

WOW buddy. just WOW.

Well I'm still waiting for something except your blind glorification of some Youtube clip that mysteriously appears out of nowhere, not reported on any other fan sites, no fan story to go along with how it was attained, not from U2.com and misspelled "rehearsal." Also what would U2 even be rehearsing? It's some joker in his house "rehearsing" three thirty second clips from U2.com. If this were from some fan in the studio there would be some grand story to go along with it either on here, or some other fan site. If it were official, it'd be on U2.com. What's so difficult to grasp about that?

its the exact same time, i just had both clips going at once. Maybe you just need to turn it up to hear the bass in the Jr drumming clip? I dont know, youre clearly refusing to accept it so whats the use?

Waiting for an explanation and it is not exactly the same. You are trying your hardest to pull one over on us and maybe it'll work on others but definitely won't work on me or apparently JOFO or Irish Dawg.

Well I'm still waiting for something except your blind glorification of some Youtube clip that mysteriously appears out of nowhere, not reported on any other fan sites, no fan story to go along with how it was attained, not from U2.com and misspelled "rehearsal." Also what would U2 even be rehearsing? It's some joker in his house "rehearsing" three thirty second clips from U2.com. If this were from some fan in the studio there would be some grand story to go along with it either on here, or some other fan site. If it were official, it'd be on U2.com. What's so difficult to grasp about that?

Reading comprehension. Read it again and again. This is also my holdup along with the discrepancy with the music.

LOLOLOLOL I feel like Im taking crazy pills LOLOLOL What planet is this?

Your inability to address any point I've made just leads me to believe that you uploaded this or are in on it. This thread is a waste of my time, I hope that nobody else believes this garbage. :wave:

I didnt upload shit, I just cant believe there are people out there like this.

Its the same clip dude, you can kind of hear the edge part in the jnr playing drums far in the background, he crashes and pauses, waits for the bassline to finish, ba dudum <crash> then it starts

the new clip does the exact same thing except theres seagulls and the bass is louder, as if its from a different mic.

SOMEONE PLEASE BACK ME UP

The damned sequence is exactly the same, you have to be fucking with me, i dont see how anyone can be this ridiculously delusional on purpose.

I bet if anybody heard some weird the fly drums back in earl 91 would deffinetly assume its not u2.

To me this sounds as the same style song back with the green tea vids and who cares if this exact one just so happens to be not adam or larry, the green tea vid deffinetly was so i don't see a point. The only thing different is the first 2 seconds has a guitar then goes back into the same old beat we've heard awhile now.

I like that they are confusing people, i thoguht we all wanted new sound? Yes?

I like that they are confusing people, i thoguht we all wanted new sound? Yes?

The debate is about if the clip is lopped. For example in the Green tea clips and the larry drumming clips the bass riff stops before the drums kick in but in the current clip the bass carries throughout.

:lol: Wow, that was so fake!
I'm pretty sure someone just recorded the audio of the Larry clip from their soundcard output and then recorded the bird noises and a guitar onto that "backing track". I don't think that would be too hard to do if you're a little familiar with an audio editor of some kind.
Where is Bono's vocals? Danny said they were finishing the vocals now, 3-4 weeks before they finish the recording process. Then how come we don't hear at least some scat singing? I find it hard to believe that U2 have a song without any sign of Bono for more than 40 seconds. Another thing I noticed was that it sounds as if the track has been slowed down a bit. I'm very skeptical about this being an actual clip. And why upload it to Youtube at all? I'm certain that's the first place Universal/U2/Principle Management/IFPI etc will look for any possible leaks.

Let me try recording a similar clip tomorrow and then let's see what you think of this one.
:lol::lmao::D

It's kind of funny how adamant people are about this NOT being U2. Don't get me wrong, it's also amusing that some people are convinced its them.

Whether it is or it isn't, the fact that people are asking, "Where are the vocals!?" "WHAT/ WHY would they be rehearsing?!" etc. in regards to it NOT being U2, are being ridiculous. Why WOULDN'T the band be rehearsing? When you're a band, you rehearse all the time. Before you go into the studio, before you go on the road, before you meet with a producer, when you're coming up with ideas, just for fun. And the vocals being absent don't indicate anything, as this recording could have been made two months ago (or yesterday), while Bono was out saving Neptune.

My point is, is that there are a few people (well, maybe just a person... or two) in here who are SO SURE that this isn't U2 that they're jumping at everyone else's throats who think it MIGHT be. And this is far too common in this section of Interference. Yea, the sound quality sucks, and the music isn't what you want U2 to produce, but lighten up. It's childish and tacky to be so assertive about something that is so far beyond anyone's realm of knowledge at this point.

My point is, is that there are a few people (well, maybe just a person... or two) in here who are SO SURE that this isn't U2 that they're jumping at everyone else's throats who think it MIGHT be. And this is far too common in this section of Interference. Yea, the sound quality sucks, and the music isn't what you want U2 to produce, but lighten up. It's childish and tacky to be so assertive about something that is so far beyond anyone's realm of knowledge at this point.

I actually think the sound quality is too good to be a leak like the fan recorded ones we've heard so far. It sounds like it could be taken from Adam's u2.com videoclips. I've uploaded the audio files to the mediafire link I've been sending around to people so I'm not surprised if someone decided to use it to create a "rehearsal clip". In my previous post I was simply stating my personal opinion on this "leak" so I hope no one was offended as I can't see any reference to earlier posts. I was certainly not looking for to "jump at everyone else's throats" if that comment was aimed at me. Let me just state the following once and for all: Yes, the original song is written U2 as it has appeared in the u2.com clips but no, this is not U2 rehearsing. I'm convinced that this is quite simply a clip recorded by someone who probably is a little bored with the lack of news lately.

The fanmade backing tracks by am22884 for the Eze 2006 clips for instance are great and I think that it is possible to mistake them for the real deal, but they aren't. They're just extremely cool/similar recreations of the real songs with better quality.

The damned sequence is exactly the same, you have to be fucking with me, i dont see how anyone can be this ridiculously delusional on purpose.

mate, stop the madness. you are showing yourself up. personally attacking other posters is a bit much...

It sounds like it could be taken from Adam's u2.com videoclips. I've uploaded the audio files to the mediafire link I've been sending around to people so I'm not surprised if someone decided to use it to create a "rehearsal clip". I'm convinced that this is quite simply a clip recorded by someone who probably is a little bored with the lack of news lately.

Exactly. This video was not put out by U2. I mean, the user's name is "InBloom74" for Pete's sake.....

And they chose a video backdrop of the alaska widerness?
As I said, it's somebody farting around at home getting a rise out of u2 fans.

Back
Top Bottom