Is there a possibility that U2 re-recorded all the songs on U2 18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t8thgr8

War Child
like instead of putting out the same recordings they went ahead and redid them completely?

I mean how hard would it have been?

No, because I think the idea for them was to release the actual single version of each song.

I think it would have been incredibly difficult actually. If you are talking about re-recording *everything* then Bono would have to do redo the vocals and I don't think some songs would thank him for that.

What do you know about Bonos vocals, I think it wouldnt be a factor. We all listen to live material anyway so what difference does it make. And what if this was the idea?

What does he know about Bono's vocals? Is that a serious question? We've heard him play so many times, we know A LOT about his vocals.

Roland of Gilead said:
No, just the Pop songs. Oh wait... there are no Pop songs. :der:

Listen to Stuck in a Moment backwards and you'll hear 500 boomchas.

:shh:

t8thgr8 said:
like instead of putting out the same recordings they went ahead and redid them completely?

I mean how hard would it have been?

very hard trust me especially the older material and we do know a lot about his vocals, try the Even Better Than The Real Thing forum

thelaj said:
I think it would have been incredibly difficult actually. If you are talking about re-recording *everything* then Bono would have to do redo the vocals and I don't think some songs would thank him for that.

But some would. Prince has talked about doing this 4 years, mainly because he doesn't own his masters.

164581542faac30b543mke9.jpg

Niceman said:
Bono can't sing Pride anymore. He has the crowd do it for him.

Bono couldn't sing "Pride" when it was being recorded - the studio did it for him!

I have the CD single version of this song with an extra verse of the chorus. Let's just say Bono is pretty scratchy on it.

Then came the UF tour - and Bono's performance of "Pride" was nowhere near that of the album.

Of course, we forgive him because that song is in another stratosphere.

doctorwho said:

Bono couldn't sing "Pride" when it was being recorded - the studio did it for him!

I have the CD single version of this song with an extra verse of the chorus. Let's just say Bono is pretty scratchy on it.

Then came the UF tour - and Bono's performance of "Pride" was nowhere near that of the album.

Of course, we forgive him because that song is in another stratosphere.

Did you see the Unforgettable Fire documentary? He could sing those notes. No doubt about it. It´s a different thing when you´re on tour, singing 2 hours every night.

wouldnt you be first in line at the record shop on the day it dropped if the whole thing was a rerecording? I know I would. Why would I buy what I already have 2x over. Why would they release something theyve released 2x over? This is my best attempt at a good excuse.

I think I agree. I would be more excited about this release if all the songs were re-recorded. I liked redone version of The Sweetest Thing, and having these songs redone would be almost as good as getting a live album.

t8thgr8 said:
wouldnt you be first in line at the record shop on the day it dropped if the whole thing was a rerecording? I know I would. Why would I buy what I already have 2x over. Why would they release something theyve released 2x over? This is my best attempt at a good excuse.

Because this isn't aimed at us, well the deluxe edition IS but those extras are there for the hardcore fans, who of us is going to buy the normal edition? (that being only the cd) there's a lot of people in here who are mad as hell for the song lists and won't even buy the deluxe edition, which is more than fine the bitching can get annoying but no one is forcing them to buy anything.

This CD is to celebrate their 30th anniversay, to finish their current contract and to cash in without a sweat that's what greatest hits are for rerecording things would cost time and money.

Though I would love a With Or Without studio version with the "we'll shine like stars..", One with "hear me coming lord" Bad with an extended outro etc etc

Back
Top Bottom