Irish Media not feeling The 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interference definitely gets defensive when a negative review pops up... Anyone who posts one is brave. Even though I'm a U2 fan, I personally find them interesting to read - Q magazine's zealous over-praising pisses me off way more than a negative review.

Less of the solidarity folks - It isn't nice.

I don't care about reviews in general, but to be honest, if music critics can bash the band and the album, then they can also praise them. I don't see why one attitude should be better or worse.

And it's natural that those of us who love the band and are really convinced that album is great are defensive, especially if a critic has a clear agenda against the band instead of just being objective about the music.

We have positive reviews, we have negative reviews, go figure, everyone can take or leave what the wish. As a fan, I don't feel I'm influenced by what other people think.

Interference definitely gets defensive when a negative review pops up... Anyone who posts one is brave. Even though I'm a U2 fan, I personally find them interesting to read - Q magazine's zealous over-praising pisses me off way more than a negative review.

Less of the solidarity folks - It isn't nice.

I couldn't care less if he posted a negative review or a detailed planning to assassinate Bono. All that matters is The 2.

That review and your opinion are exactly the opposite of what I and many people here are thinking about the album.

I think we can handle all types of reviews and we have had to handle some negative ones, too, that's just part of the game.

A review isn't any more "honest" or "right" just because it's convenient for someone, because they agree with it. It's all subjective opinion.

And I heavily disagree with that guy. For me, the album is already part of my heart and soul, I totally feel the emotion, and Bono is in the best form for many many years. Actually, I haven't found him so open, honest, convincing and interesting for some time now, musically speaking.

I respect your opinions.

Reminds me of an old sketch Ben Stiller did for the MTV Movie Awards some years ago, in which he plays Tom Cruise’s little-known stunt double. At one point he says to Cruise: "Hey, man, remember back in ‘83 when you and me were hangin’ out on the set of T-P-S?” To which Cruise replies, “What’s T-P-S?” Stiller: “Y’know, Taps.” Cruise: “Well then, why don’t you just say ‘Taps‘?

It's that moronic...

Regarding the article, if songs like MOS, UC, Breathe, Magnificent and COL doesn't fill his soul... maybe he's a vampire.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...professional-web-mag-reviews-only-194046.html

imo

also their review is dumb for a couple reasons

kept going back to that careless run of shows in Croker in 2005 when the band went through the motions like a bunch of bored rich pre-occupied men counting their money.

:rolleyes:

Just great - no-one is expecting a grime or hip-hop U2 (that was “Passengers”, wasn’t it?)

:huh:

but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about "The 2"

Actually, I haven't found him so open, honest, convincing and interesting for some time now, musically speaking.

I'd extend that, and say that I haven't found the band so "open, honest, convincing and interesting for some time now, musically speaking."

The band's really doing something special here. There are tracks I don't like, but there is a small bit of redemption in even the worst tracks on this album. They really reached for something. U2 is trying unbelievably hard on this album. Even the pre-requisite gigantor stadium anthem, Magnificent, has a ton of stuff going on. And Unknown caller, MOS, FEZ-BB, nearly every song on the album has massive 4+ voice harmony singing. This is a band effort, and a big, open-armed hug of music. It's not Achtung Baby - there's not a shred of irony anywhere. So all the reviewers using that as a touchstone, it's not. This just might be something new for a change.

And dude, "The 2"? I know you love the band, love them so much you gave them nicknames. That's a. creepy, b. annoying (because you know how it pisses people off, but you go out of your way to include it in nearly everything you post - see your thread name), and c. rude - not necessarily to the band, but to the board. I haven't been here particularly long, but this is a community, just like every other board. If you're going out of your way to irritate members of the board, then you're not really trying to be part of the community.

I don't see what the big deal is....

My favorite bands are The Mode, The Cutie, The /DC and The Leon. :wink:

I agree calling that U2 by anything other than their name is annoying, but then again, I'm a perfectionist. I'm also annoyed by the incessant use of the acronyms hutdub or hutdab. I don't think you get entrance into the "boys club" by making up some ridiculous name that no one thinks is funny or fitting except you.

Not necessarily. Adam is Adam. Edge ain't on fire...i've not heard molten metal coming out of the speakers yet. Larry is a tight drummer but doesn't vary it that much.

Thing is, Bono is the front guy and he's starting to irritate me.

I think U2 can do a lot better but they've played safe again to ensure maximum income again.

Yeah, 7 minute songs, few obvious radio catchy songs, heavy on the slow songs... yeah, sounds like U2 playing safe to me. :eyebrow:

People in Ireland really stand in line at the record shop? Do they only have one of them? When the cd comes out, I go to a local Best Buy, Walmart, K Mart, what ever. They'll have plenty of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom