Interesting U2 by U2/U2:18 cover tidbit (aka the pandora's box thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:

He did nail Electric Co. and Gloria being played... now this... :hmm:

yeah, and remember when "The Edge" made a thread about Zoo Station? none of us expected that song to show up again... :hmm:

The Slow Loris said:

It became 'Native Son' which became 'Vertigo'.

Well, in the set I indicated, Vertigo was the opener, and the main set was closed by Full Metal Jacket. So, this guy didn't have them as the same thing.

phillyfan26 said:

Well, in the set I indicated, Vertigo was the opener, and the main set was closed by Full Metal Jacket. So, this guy didn't have them as the same thing.

but Vertigo was played twice... :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

The guy didn't really know what he was talking about, by the sounds of things. I remember reading interviews in which Bono described 'Full Metal Jacket' as "this extraordinary guitar thing," which was, "the mother of all rock songs." According to later reports, this song became 'Native Son'. And we all know what that became. Now, I may be wrong of course.

The Slow Loris said:

The guy didn't really know what he was talking about, by the sounds of things. I remember reading interviews in which Bono described 'Full Metal Jacket' as "this extraordinary guitar thing," which was, "the mother of all rock songs." According to later reports, this song became 'Native Son'. And we all know what that became. Now, I may be wrong of course.

Nope, you're correct. FMJ became NS, which became Vertigo. It just shows that this teenaged girl (whom it was ultimately revealed to be) somehow had a good bit of info, but didn't really have all the pieces like she claimed. Either that, or she really did predict that Vertigo would be played twice. :wink:

Whoever she was, she certainly did seem to have a good bit of hard-to-get information---that no one else on any of the half dozen U2 boards seemed to be able to get. Either that, or she was able to look at all the info the rest of us had in front of us, but she could put the pieces together much better.

What sucks is that if she weren't such an idiot with pretending to be people she wasn't, she could very well have been a nice little contributor to the boards. :shrug:

The Slow Loris said:

It became 'Native Son' which became 'Vertigo'.

No!

It became 'Native Son' which became 'Shark Soup' which became 'Vertigo'. :wink:

Ugh. Fake Edge will never go away. :(
As Sicy posted what I was just about to repost when I saw this thread, I'll just add that someone else had seen the books on the bookshelf and posted about it in another thread, which is where the guy got his info from. He never told us anything that wasn't already posted on one U2 site or another.

And I think it should be added that the offender has been outted on other websites and, no, they have no connection to the band.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom