Insider U2 news!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in "No Line On the Horizon" being the album title...I think it's a great line, and absolutely perfect for a song. It would be a beautifully subtle title, phrase, and song name within the new album....but making it the album name seems like too much, and I think the phrase loses something as a result. I was also hoping for something shorter, given the incredibly long title names of the last two albums...Even with all this recent news about this phrase being the album title, I'd still be surprised, because Bono has commented before in an interview or two about how ridiculously long the last two album titles are...oh well...:shrug:

Imagine The Joshua Tree being called "Where the Streets Have No Name" .....and WTSHNN remains the first song of the album....you see? It becomes too much. WTSHNN works much better as a title when it's simply a small part of the album, one of the 10,11, or 12 track titles on the album....a beautiful, poetic line that relates to the overall theme of the album but doesn't become an "in-your-face" type of thing....I'd like a very short album title and a single being "No Line On the Horizon"- that would make much more sense to me.

If that's true, they definately need another name for the tour. Somehow I can't see it being the "No Line on the Horizon" tour.

I traded myspace messages with a very close friend of a waiter that worked at the restaurant that Bono and Danny were having lunch and they told him the title of the album was 'Charming Mother F**kers'.

This has been confirmed.

honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in "No Line On the Horizon" being the album title...I think it's a great line, and absolutely perfect for a song. It would be a beautifully subtle title, phrase, and song name within the new album....but making it the album name seems like too much, and I think the phrase loses something as a result. I was also hoping for something shorter, given the incredibly long title names of the last two albums...Even with all this recent news about this phrase being the album title, I'd still be surprised, because Bono has commented before in an interview or two about how ridiculously long the last two album titles are...oh well...:shrug:

Imagine The Joshua Tree being called "Where the Streets Have No Name" .....and WTSHNN remains the first song of the album....you see? It becomes too much. WTSHNN works much better as a title when it's simply a small part of the album, one of the 10,11, or 12 track titles on the album....a beautiful, poetic line that relates to the overall theme of the album but doesn't become an "in-your-face" type of thing....I'd like a very short album title and a single being "No Line On the Horizon"- that would make much more sense to me.

I'm sure you're going to get accused of overthinking this, but I agree. As a song lyric, I think it could be evocative depending on what precedes and follows it. As an album title...not very enigmatic, or inviting for that matter.

Anton Corbijn being brought in for an iPod commercial? I don't really doubt that they could have another one...but I seriously doubt that's whats being worked on in Spain...especially since how much footage without the band can you work into a 30 second TV spot?

I traded myspace messages with a very close friend of a waiter that worked at the restaurant that Bono and Danny were having lunch and they told him the title of the album was 'Charming Mother F**kers'.

This has been confirmed.

Their most complete and radical album title yet. :wink:

Anton Corbijn being brought in for an iPod commercial? I don't really doubt that they could have another one...but I seriously doubt that's whats being worked on in Spain...especially since how much footage without the band can you work into a 30 second TV spot?

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to believe it... I don't see anton's style lending itself to computer added colors and fanfare that iTunes commercials usually are.

This is one of the reasons I'm hesitant to believe it... I don't see anton's style lending itself to computer added colors and fanfare that iTunes commercials usually are.

Unless, of course, they choose to do something different with the usual format. :pray:

I like the title No Line on the Horizon. It seems very fitting for the stage of U2 career. A line in the horizon indicates that the end is near. No line on the horizon means that the end is nowhere in sight, despite approaching 50. I like it.

NOVEMBER HURRY THE HELL UP!!!

I like the title No Line on the Horizon. It seems very fitting for the stage of U2 career. A line in the horizon indicates that the end is near. No line on the horizon means that the end is nowhere in sight, despite approaching 50. I like it.

I will choose not to bring their age into the equation when deciding whether or not I like that title, because it's really cheesy if you think about it that way. :lol:

I had lunch the other day with the grandson of a guy who's uncle's nephew once knew a guy that had a friend who's brother's sister's niece worked with a guy that was close friends with a girl who knew a guy that was friends with Adam's cousin's sister's aunt's babysitter.

Anyway, the album is called "Push My Butt".

:up:

I had lunch the other day with the grandson of a guy who's uncle's nephew once knew a guy that had a friend who's brother's sister's niece worked with a guy that was close friends with a girl who knew a guy that was friends with Adam's cousin's sister's aunt's babysitter.

Anyway, the album is called "Push My Butt".

:up:

i think you're lying!

The grandson of a guy who's uncle's nephew... thats a long sentence to say the guys grandfather. Brother's sister's neice??? Don't you mean his neice? Adam's cousin's sister's aunt's babysitter? Adam's cousin's sister is also his cousin, and their Aunt can only be Adam's aunt, or even his mother.

That whole thing could have read "I had lunch the other day with a guy who's grandfather once knew a guy that had a friend who's niece worked with a guy that was close friends with a girl who knew a guy that was friends with Adam's aunt's (or mother's) babysitter."

There's something fishy about that story....

PS, I also heard that that is the album title :up:

Back
Top Bottom