I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at the 2:04 mark of that song (which Ive never heard before) is a reel from Irish trad muisic used in step dancing (as they start doing in the video). so IF Crazy Tonight sounds like that (which I dont hear) than Crazy Tonight sounds like a reel and not this pop song.

^what about the 'hup hup' at 2:11. U2 have completely ripped of B*Witched.

Thought this was interesting from atu2 - Edge talking in Rolling Stone...

"We'll play about half the album, and having played some in TV appearances, we know these songs translate well live. There's a few that will be up there with our best-ever live songs. Some of them we really have to rework -- 'Crazy Tonight' was a very keyboard-oriented song on the album, but I took it to the guitar live, and it sounds great. You make all these discoveries, and next thing you say, 'Oh, shit, we should have done that on the album.' Steve Lillywhite says we should record our album, put it to one side, then go on the road for a year and come back and re-record it [laughs]."

Makes you wonder at times, I love the recorded version but it gives you insight into the band's creative methods too I suppose

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f192/crazy-dirty-south-remix-197600.html

Although I'm not convinced this mix is official, if so it sux big time.

I am. Dirty South are/were a big name in house music. I really like the remix because it strips out the generic guitar and cringey "baby baby baby". I really get the feeling of the song more from the remix, which allow Bono's vocals to sit unopposed.

The link is for the radio rip - I am wondering if the full version is being kept secret after the Magnificent remixes leak.

I wish we could hear the full versions of the beach clips, beach removed. Whatever happened to releasing alternate versions of songs?

(2) U.S. Promo CD's were made available today :

CD 1

Radio Edit
Single Version

CD 2 (Remixes)

Dirty South Club Mix
Dirty South Radio Mix

also the remixes are available for purchase @ masterbeat.com, along with the Magnificent (Remixes) 14 Track EP

Back
Top Bottom