I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The video actually enhances my appreciation of the song, even if I don't fully get who's who in the video.

Had to watch it several times to pick up on all the story lines, but now I love it! Can't stop watching it! One of their best videos in recent memory.

Video owns GOYB and Magnificent.

Wow, didn't think they had a curveball like that left in them re videos.

People on youtube seem to be struggling with it, here's my interp after one look:

Characters - Boy, Mum, waif, girl, tramp, dog

Boy runs away from home. Mum, who is a nurse reacts badly, ignores the patient, she leaves, picks up waif who has done a runner on her apprently drugged up man. Girl xerox's lost dog pictures. Tramp finds a dog. Boy sees tramp on train, scares him about his future, so he runs back to find mum. Dog follows and jumps on the girl who is looking for him. Tramp finds boy's food in his bag he left on the train. Boy runs into mum and a coffee shop.

Everyone is happy

Boy goes home
Mum finds boy
Girl finds dog
Dog finds girl
Waif escapes man, finds the mum
Tramp finds food.

Anything I missed?

Not working.

"This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."

I love the way the the picture marry with the words without being WAY too cheesy

IE

There's a part of me in the chaos that's quiet - The patient keeps ringing the bell

Every beauty needs to go out with an idiot - She leaves the drunk/druggo

How can you stand next to the truth and not see it - The posh lady walks right past her and doesn't notice she's got her bags packed

It's not a hill it's a mountain - always accompanied by people running, or hurrying with some sense of purpose

The right to be rediculous is something I hold dear - The tramp dancing with the dog on his head (lol)

Baby baby baby, I know I'm not alone - The boy realises he has a family who love and support him

As you start out the climb - Boy climbs the stairs (ok maybe that one is cheesy)

Final we'll go crazy if we don't go crazy tonight line - Everyone realising that the spontaneous decisions they all made had changed their lives for the better.

End

I think it's a great video. Never thought U2 would ever pull out something like that ever again. :up:

I've given the album a two month break...............and now this song is really standing out. It's so joyful and melodic...........gorgeous. I'm loving it!
Love the video too! The perfect video too for those that are tired of looking at Bono sticking is face in your face!:love:

Back
Top Bottom