I met Brian Eno today and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wrong. The rythmic interest of AB was pursuaded by Eno/Lanois, and if you don't know that, you don't know your U2 history.
As far as POP being one of their best, that's all opinion, one not shared by the majority of fans.

:huh:

"the rythmic interest" ??? Ok.....let's not forget who the actual drummer is in U2...he is the man most responsible for the rhythms heard on AB, not Lanois and not Eno...sure, they probably pushed Larry and influenced him and continue to do so....but to suggest that Eno/Lanois played or play more of a role than Larry in terms of the rhythm section is ludicrous...

and the other thing is, just because Larry and Adam are responsible for the "rhythm section" of U2 does not mean that they don't play a role in the other aspects of the music. Regardless of all this bs, Larry and Adam are part of the band, and Eno/Lanois simply are not....no matter how close they are to being the 5th and 6th members of the band, they are not.

No kidding.

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Wrong is relative.

No one is saying anyone is wrong. We're just having a discussion.

Oh, for heaven's sake. I saw all those posts about "wrong" and it made me think of that picture.

I didn't realize the new motto for his part of the forum was "New U2 Album: Serious Business."

Oh, for heaven's sake. I saw all those posts about "wrong" and it made me think of that picture.

I didn't realize the new motto for his part of the forum was "New U2 Album: Serious Business."

seriousbusiness.jpg

I almost posted a blog yesterday about the lack of a sense of humor in this section of the forum. Apparently we didn't get the "Serious Business" memo. :huh:

I never understood the humor with the bad grammar in these cat pictures. Cats are cute and cuddley and certainly do have some funny poses but I would like to slap the shit out of the mamalukes who make these things. "I are serious cat" ....Fuuuaaackk you!

I never understood the humor with the bad grammar in these cat pictures. Cats are cute and cuddley and certainly do have some funny poses but I would like to slap the shit out of the mamalukes who make these things. "I are serious cat" ....Fuuuaaackk you!

What the heck is a "mamaluke"?

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if it's experimental enough for him, but it may be. He has a funny side to him, that motherfucker. "Father Brian Eno's Drums", HA! I'm sure he'd love an apartment on Space Moon, to get the atmospherics of Space Moon, and the sounds and the noises to incorporate onto Windows Vista startup music, or perhaps a new U2 track.

Space Moon + Eno + U2 :hmm:

Nice!!!!

Great to hear Eno say those words....and I can trust Brian more than Bono...good job
A747
Can you?

Isn't this the same guy who had to be held back from wiping Where The Streets Have No Name?

He tried to do the same to One I believe too - I'll wait until my own ears hear the new album and make my mind up then.

Great that you got to meet Mr Eno though!!

"Wrong, Pop is one of the top 3 U2 albums of all time"

:coocoo:
I read something about that. Bono says it is one of their best selling records ever. But, that does not necessarily mean it's their best work. But that's all a matter of opinion.

Without Larry or Adam you would get a completely different result, doesnt matter what direction Eno or Lanois wanted to go in, Larry and Adam do in fact have their own style of playing off of one another, there is a chemistry that you hear on every album. Any decent musician could play what they play...but theres no way they would have came out with the same result.
Good post. It's impossible to sound like U2 without Larry and Adam present as rhythm section. If you say any bassist or drummer would do an equally fine job, than in my opinion, you underestimate the influence of the rhythm section.

People see Bono and Edge as untouchable because no-one has bono's voice, and Edge's guitars are so unique: mixture of effects, textures, tones.

I think it is a common misconception that because Larry and Adams parts are technically 'easier', no effects, just a man and an instrument, that others (and there are many millions) could walk up and play them. But I don't think that many could walk up and write them. Listen to the bass on War and TUF. It is signature Adam, juts as there is signature Edge. Many many drummers can play Sunday Bloody Sunday, but it took Larry to write that part.
Also a good post. But just listen to any other drummer drumming SBS. Enough youtube examples. As a drummer, I can really say, everyone has their own style and typical playing differences. I can play SBS, but I will never play it the way Larry does, simply because I'm not him :)

Back
Top Bottom