How will you listen to SOE for the first time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2AlwaysForever

The Fly
If you haven't already of course ;)

I posted this on good ol' atu2 for every other album, with the new record coming out what do you plan to do for listening to it for the first time?

I don't remember honestly doing anything special from 1997 until HTDAAB but for NLOTH I hiked up a mountain listening to it, SOI I was stuck at work for 24 hours and had to listen there. I'll be stuck at work again for SOE but I think I'm gonna hold off till I'm free and take my car and drive into the dessert and just listen on the road, stop off somewhere scenic maybe, give it another listen, and drive back listening to the last album.

Last edited:
It will be waiting for me in the mail Friday when I get home, so I intend to put on the vinyl, drink a couple of beers, and... that's as far ahead as I've thought.

EDIT: I apparently need to find 2 other random threads to post in between here and Friday, because an album review would be an apt 500th post.

It will be waiting for me in the mail Friday when I get home, so I intend to put on the vinyl, drink a couple of beers, and... that's as far ahead as I've thought.

EDIT: I apparently need to find 2 other random threads to post in between here and Friday, because an album review would be an apt 500th post.
hahah nice

Well, I'm hyping up the release by listening to every song of theirs that it is on Spotify or that I have downloaded (AKA every album song, non-album single, and 90% of their b-sides) in release order. This will be a two day thing, with me ending with Songs of Innocence tomorrow night. By 11:30, I'm gonna start prepping to stream the album at 12AM. I plan to lay in my bed with headphones on and play it as soon as it hits 12AM. I'm just gonna take it all in. This is starting to become a ritual whenever an artist I love releases a new album. I'll go to bed soon after my first listen and surely will listen again the next day. When I get the CD I will play it on the beautiful stereo system that I have! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom