Honestly, I was worried....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the first First U2 single ever that has completely underwhelmed me. Its not fan fatigue, its not a change in tastes, etc.... its just not a big deal. I'll play it over the coming days, but I don't have the urge to.. if that makes sense.

Bring on the rest of the album.

I feel excited and confused about the direction they're taking. I think everyone's tastes are changing and I wonder who they are trying to appeal to this time.

I've been listening to it off and on too but it's certainly not on repeat.

I feel excited and confused about the direction they're taking. I think everyone's tastes are changing and I wonder who they are trying to appeal to this time.

I've been listening to it off and on too but it's certainly not on repeat.

if they are doing this (and I have a feeling that they are, and have been doing this for last 8 years) than I don't expect anything good from this album.

If their goal is just to please someone than it will be a big failure.

Everything that isn't sheer unadulterated joy seems to be a bad thing to you.

I couldn't stand such a superficial, artificial existence.

Personal attack or what?

You are VERY wrong.

I have ALL kinds of emotions, but cynism is something I don't appreciate in human beings. I detest it.

Joy is something many people here don't seem to know. Joy is a beautiful thing. Maybe you should learn it, it will enrich your life.

if you only see joy you are either naive or extremely lucky person (or maybe to young to experience life in it's fullness, bad and good)

If you are cynical about absolutely everything you are either a bitter and pessimistic person or totally unlucky in your life

so don't go to these extremes, it makes you look irrelevant and exclusive, without any sense of empathy or understanding for people who are different than you

cheers :)

so don't go to these extremes, it makes you look irrelevant and exclusive, without any sense of empathy or understanding for people who are different than you

Thank you, doctor Phil.. pffff

I have heard quite a bit of the CD and it's fantastic. People will love it or hate it. I love it.

PS: When are we doing Wahoo's again?? ;) E me!

I think I inadvertently heard "Winter" at one point, which I haven't shared yet. It sounds fantastic. I am excited and hope the reality matches the promise we've always seen with this band!

I like it okay, but it's just a pop song right now. It's Elevation. It's Gwen Stefani rock."
Great summary to the song. It feels to commercially-driven, except the "Let me in the sound" part and better vocals and production. The rest is unsatisfactorily Vertigo-ishness, and they didn't need to go in this all-too-similar direction. The Fly -- now THAT was amazing and different.

Quite disappointed, and afraid the band squandered its chance for great music after Achtung Baby.

Still hopeful, though.

Personal attack or what?

You are VERY wrong.

I have ALL kinds of emotions, but cynism is something I don't appreciate in human beings. I detest it.

Joy is something many people here don't seem to know. Joy is a beautiful thing. Maybe you should learn it, it will enrich your life.

Just reminds me of this quote:

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
-George Bernard Shaw

Or you have the other side:

"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing."
-Oscar Wilde

I think both have elements of truth to it. Cynicism has its faults, but is a useful thing to sometimes have.

Great summary to the song. It feels to commercially-driven, except the "Let me in the sound" part and better vocals and production. The rest is unsatisfactorily Vertigo-ishness, and they didn't need to go in this all-too-similar direction. The Fly -- now THAT was amazing and different.

Quite disappointed, and afraid the band squandered its chance for great music after Achtung Baby.

Still hopeful, though.

frankly i think you're nuts if you think this song sounds like vertigo. doesn't mean you have to like it... you can still not like it, but it doesn't sound like vertigo.

P.S. The song does sound similar to Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues

vr672b.gif

People who say they've heard more songs from NLOTH should not say so unless they are willing to describe them in an in-depth fashion. Otherwise, it's just teasing! :grumpy:

Don't hold out on us! :crack:

Back
Top Bottom