[HOAX] a very different sneak peak at NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i often write as ted connors, and i found this piece in the back of my mind for a few days and finally found some time to write it this morning.

You should have let it go on for a while! The reactions have been hysterical.

This is the complete opposite to what is already know about NLOTH, had to be a hoax:hyper:

You should have let it go on for a while! The reactions have been hysterical.

i know, but there'll still be loads of people who read this from the start.

it's a fine line... if i go too far then the thread gets closed straight away.

i made this thread because i'm quite curious about the new album, and i sort of wanted to write all the things that i most wanted NOT to hear.

no it's not.

it's bullshit.

big difference. someone asked who ted connors was, and i said it was me. i've written as him for ages.

Good one, mate. Now this is what I call a smart, elaborate hoax. Not that "OMG! GOYB leaked!" bullshit.

Dammit, Zoomers, you should have kept it going. It would have been great to see people squirm over this all day long. I smelled bullshit from the second I saw the thread and now I regret asking you about Tedd Connors. Oh well.

I think the best part are the people defending the original post as not being a bad thing.

i know, but there'll still be loads of people who read this from the start.

it's a fine line... if i go too far then the thread gets closed straight away.

i made this thread because i'm quite curious about the new album, and i sort of wanted to write all the things that i most wanted NOT to hear.

Thank fuck :yippie:

I'm going to assume here that you haven't heard ATYCLB.

I have, of course, and while it's probably my second or third least avourite U2 album, it still encapsualtes where U2 were at musically and personally quite perfectly.....it is in a sense a musical progression, never before had they sounded as they did on New York, Elevation, Beautiful Day. Stuck In A Moment.

Love it or loathe it, the album was triumph for U2.

Dammit, Zoomers, you should have kept it going. It would have been great to see people squirm over this all day long. I smelled bullshit from the second I saw the thread and now I regret asking you about Tedd Connors. Oh well.

it would never have lasted... the thread would have been closed. i want to wind people up, but clearly on this forum you can only take it so far.

I believed the article for about ... the first quarter.

Problem is the quotes don't seem credible, that gave it away.

I actually don't think it's very funny to come here with a fake article and cause a stir.

You guys should have a little more trust in U2 and not automatically jump to any conclusions so quickly. The insecurity of some people here in regards to u2 is just sad.

I believed the article for about ... the first quarter.

Problem is the quotes don't seem credible, that gave it away.

I actually don't think it's very funny to come here with a fake article and cause a stir.

You guys should have a little more trust in U2 and not automatically jump to any conclusions so quickly. The insecurity of some people here in regards to u2 is just sad.

thanks... just curious though, can you be a bit more specific about the quotes not being credible enough?

Yeah, I actually wasn't sure (although extremely skeptical about the Africa part--thought perhaps it was taken out of context) until the end about the grammy's and then I knew it had to be a joke. I think if you had made that part a little more subtle, everyone would have fallen for it.

Yeah, I actually wasn't sure (although extremely skeptical about the Africa part--thought perhaps it was taken out of context) until the end about the grammy's and then I knew it had to be a joke. I think if you had made that part a little more subtle, everyone would have fallen for it.

fair enough. thanks.

thanks... just curious though, can you be a bit more specific about the quotes not being credible enough?

Well we all know Eno wouldn't say something so negative about an album when he is promoting it, and we know Bono wouldn't so openly speak of his desire for Grammys. Plus, the meat of the article goes against everything we have heard so far. Plus, some of what Bono was saying was far too Bonoish for it to be real - World Cup thing/Scientists-lab metaphor etc.

Had me fooled for a bit though. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom