HMV - Where the album has a name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I quite like the title, as I did with ATYCLB. As always there are those who are divided. Its certainly a lot better than HTDAAB - the worst u2 album title ever, with possibly the worst artwork ever. Steve Averil - what where you thinking?

I think they were trying to make the album look like an instruction book to a nuclear bomb, but it fails on many accounts. Also the name, for me, doesn't associate itself with the musical content.

No line on the horizon conjures up a feeling of looking out to see, or things seeming out of focus in some way. Maybe a hint towards - the unforgetable fire.

Of course HMV will have some limited edition packaging with as many printing mistakes and typo's on as possible, just to call it limited edition:hug:

But will it catch the imagination of the kiddies?

We need something like:-

Walk like an Egyptian.

Or a catchy play on words.

why don't they call it U2 Ne-yo That way all the kiddies will buy it by mistake.

Or even better - U2 - Nokia 10050 - or U2 Pay-as-you-go
that way all the kiddies will want to buy it because they think its a mobile phone instead of an album

Heck knows, the kiddies change their minds from one second to the other...

I reckon that is why the band is still undecided about the Album name and will be all the way up till the day it is in the stores.

I have the 'stealing hearts at a travelling show' book by Steve Averill and four5one. They typicall work up 2/3 designs based on the bands ideas and possible album titles.

I'm very surprised that knowone, knows someone at four5one and could do a little detective work here. Especially as the album photography has been done.

Seeing as the last 2 album titles where actually a lyric in a U2 song (fast cars & walk on) I would think that the title being NLOTH or a lyric from the same song is quite probably not 100 million miles away.

Don't forget that Paul M wants to reinvent the LP Album Sleeve (for which we all walked down the street with - apparently) think of what device all of us own make calls on and like to personalise. Also think of a device which is the above and allows you to play music. Now think of which computer manufacturer the band has a close relationship with. Think personalisable U2 iphone, or U2 iphone screensavers/software

I think the album is very likely to have the work Horizon in it. It may also be the only word in the title:camera:

According to HMV today (I went in) it is still on their computer with a release date of Nov 18th. No Title, and a news embargo on it :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom