HINTS from U2.com clips...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh, and don't worry, I'm not trying to play Indiana Jones but thanks for your concern!!! Besides, there's more to life than being "hugely disappointed" over such things. Speaking of Hints...GET A CLUE!!!!!:hyper:

PS - Don't quit your day job.:up:
as i've stated before, remarks like this are not allowed. this is the second time now i've had to you this. telling people to "get a clue" or "don't quit your day job" are not allowed.

U2 is not the type to have hidden messages/clues in my opinion...there were comments a few weeks back from people suggesting the 2:23, the lenght of 1 or 2 recent videos, meant that the release date was going to be Feb 23rd! I thought this was a little farfetched...we see what we want/hope to see!

U2 is not NIN (when they started the whole Year Zero web treasure hunt by hightliting some letters on t-shirts sold at concerts). I never saw videos, old or recent, as anything more than teasers and the band showing us that they are working on the album and wanted us to have a glimpse of how it's being done. Nothing more, nothing less (except the sea and sky video of course).

To the original poster, I may very well be related commentd telling us the album will be long...but i don't think it's meant as a hint and that we should try and decipher anything else from any other videos.

How about Bono and Lanois talking about a motorcycle and then laughing? that was a hint or clue about one of the songs....i forget the name of the one about the war correspondent on a motorcycle...

I felt the "long" comments by the band are very ambiguous. It could mean "long" as that writing this album took a long time. This is not U2 insulting themselves, but rather expressing a bit of frustration at writing and finally completing it. Or it could mean long in that there are 11 or 12 songs, but each of them is 5-7 minutes in length. As such, the album is long, even if it has the usual amount of songs. Lastly, it could mean that there are 13-15 tracks, suggesting that it really is a longer album.

Based on U2's past, my personal guess is combination of the first two theories I presented. But I would love for it to be the last idea. :yes:

as i've stated before, remarks like this are not allowed. this is the second time now i've had to you this. telling people to "get a clue" or "don't quit your day job" are not allowed.

Wow!!!! Are you kidding me? I feel like I just went back to 3rd grade and got in trouble!!! Can someone please tell me someone is over reacting a bit here. How ridiculous is this?:mad:

Wow!!!! Are you kidding me? I feel like I just went back to 3rd grade and got in trouble!!! Can someone please tell me someone is over reacting a bit here. How ridiculous is this?:mad:

get used to it dude.

lots of thin skin and holier than thou-ness around here. The mods actually do a pretty good job though...and I will say that you did kind of come across a bit harshly. Just remember to throw a smilie in there to make it less harsh next time. :D:wink::applaud:

get used to it dude.

lots of thin skin and holier than thou-ness around here. The mods actually do a pretty good job though...and I will say that you did kind of come across a bit harshly. Just remember to throw a smilie in there to make it less harsh next time. :D:wink::applaud:

Thanks ps333. I'll take your advice. I didn't realize that a little harmless poke at someone who deserves it would get you kicked off this board!!! Heck, I have read so many more posts that were 10x harsher and demeaning to people that are still around.
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink

Does that help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think you have targeted me from a comment I made the other day (which I sincerely apologised for) and you might be overreacting here just a bit.

With that said, I realize you have a job to do, and I respect that. My intentions are not to upset people or degrade people on this board. Comments can be taken the wrong way...I see it on these boards everyday.

So, I ask that you kindly remove the target you placed on my back and move on...Thanks.:heart::heart::heart:

So, I ask that you kindly remove the target you placed on my back and move on...Thanks.:heart::heart::heart:

I don't think anyone has painted a target on your bag other than yourself... and now you're trying to paint yourself a victim sign.

You could just learn how to be civil and learn how to disagree with people without the "go fuck yourselves", "get a clue", or "don't quit your day jobs".

Especially given the fact that they were over the most benign disagreements, I'd hate to see how you react in a real heated discussion...

I don't think anyone has painted a target on your bag other than yourself... and now you're trying to paint yourself a victim sign.

You could just learn how to be civil and learn how to disagree with people without the "go fuck yourselves", "get a clue", or "don't quit your day jobs".

Especially given the fact that they were over the most benign disagreements, I'd hate to see how you react in a real heated discussion...

Wasn't talking to you. Are you confused? Perhaps you need a nap?

People need to see it goes both ways....besides, I'M IRISH!!!!!:D

But was the nap comment necessary? You need to abstain from personal attacks, that's all. Especially right after you are given a warning and profusely apologize.

Ok can we please get back to the topic, or this thread is going to just end up closed.

U2 is not the type to have hidden messages/clues in my opinion...there were comments a few weeks back from people suggesting the 2:23, the lenght of 1 or 2 recent videos, meant that the release date was going to be Feb 23rd! I thought this was a little farfetched...we see what we want/hope to see!

U2 is not NIN (when they started the whole Year Zero web treasure hunt by hightliting some letters on t-shirts sold at concerts). I never saw videos, old or recent, as anything more than teasers and the band showing us that they are working on the album and wanted us to have a glimpse of how it's being done. Nothing more, nothing less (except the sea and sky video of course).

Well, one example of "hidden" messages could be the cover of Zooropa, with the leftover songs that ended up on Pop hidden in the cover design. Outside of that, there aren't too many. A while back, I knew of a website that tried to list a ton of secret U2 messages, but most of them weren't really so impressive.

Well, one example of "hidden" messages could be the cover of Zooropa, with the leftover songs that ended up on Pop hidden in the cover design. Outside of that, there aren't too many. A while back, I knew of a website that tried to list a ton of secret U2 messages, but most of them weren't really so impressive.

It's the first time I hear of this! Where? How?

But regardless, I really doubt that, even if Pop song titles are written clearly in big bold letters in the Zooropa booklet, that U2 meant to say, 4 years ahead of time, that the next album would have definitely these titles. I doubt it was meant as a hidden message related to the Pop album ...perhaps they wrote this and then they decided it could be a song....or even a leftover song...but I doubt they meant to say that it would be in the next album....for that matter, you could look at the HTDAAB book and see if any words would be in the new album and say from there " see, I told you they would this song!" ....Mercy for example could be deemed an "hidden message" but in reality it was because they decided to cut it at the end!

It's the first time I hear of this! Where? How?

But regardless, I really doubt that, even if Pop song titles are written clearly in big bold letters in the Zooropa booklet, that U2 meant to say, 4 years ahead of time, that the next album would have definitely these titles. I doubt it was meant as a hidden message related to the Pop album ...perhaps they wrote this and then they decided it could be a song....or even a leftover song...but I doubt they meant to say that it would be in the next album....for that matter, you could look at the HTDAAB book and see if any words would be in the new album and say from there " see, I told you they would this song!" ....Mercy for example could be deemed an "hidden message" but in reality it was because they decided to cut it at the end!

The letters in purple on the Zooropa cover are parts of song titles. Only The Wanderer ended up on the album:

Line 2 - WAKEUPDE - Wake Up Dead Man
Line 3 - WANDER - The Wanderer
Line 4 - ISSMEKILLM - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Line 5 - ETDRESS - If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Look, I don't think these clues -- if they indeed exist -- are really Da Vinci Code level. I just think they're hints. Nothing that complicated, just more than they appear as. For example, was the "seaandsky" video put out just because Larry finds the sounds of the ocean soothing? That was a clue. What it meant was obvious to us, because we've been following this every step and inch of the way, but certainly not to the average person. Thus, I find it likely that there are probably a few more to be found in the other videos as well. :shrug:

The letters in purple on the Zooropa cover are parts of song titles. Only The Wanderer ended up on the album:

Line 2 - WAKEUPDE - Wake Up Dead Man
Line 3 - WANDER - The Wanderer
Line 4 - ISSMEKILLM - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Line 5 - ETDRESS - If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Wow...I don't see it! They may ressemble letters but I can't tell one letter for sure, much less 2 in a row...unless in Canada I have a slightly different version of the cover! (doubtful)

But then again I never was able to see in those pictures with nothing/abstract designs, by staring at them long enough like we are suppose to, the actual paintings that should pop up if you stared long enough....I guess some people don't have that ability! :nerd:

Thus, I find it likely that there are probably a few more to be found in the other videos as well. :shrug:

It would be likely...it's just that with the enormous fanbase that U2 have and with everyone here in the forums, it doesn't seem we have found anything "official" besides the obvious video referencing the album title...if there was anything else, with all of us, woudln't we have found anything already?

With NIN, it was complicated but with everyone's observations lots of websites were found within hours/days....with the months old U2 videos nothing is really panning out!

So, for me, either U2 made it incredibly hard/impossible...or we are just trying to see to much into this!

Wow...I don't see it! They may ressemble letters but I can't tell one letter for sure, much less 2 in a row...unless in Canada I have a slightly different version of the cover! (doubtful)

But then again I never was able to see in those pictures with nothing/abstract designs, by staring at them long enough like we are suppose to, the actual paintings that should pop up if you stared long enough....I guess some people don't have that ability! :nerd:

I can see the middle letters on some of the lines:

http://www.galeon.com/allmusic/caratulas/u/U2-Zooropa-Frontal.JPG

Yeah its there. I've tried to dig up the pic that someone did where they outlined the letters so that its real obvious. Trust us, its NOT a rumor its absolutely true.

Y'know, I totally miss that kind of stuff that the band used to do during the 90's. Their album and single covers were artistic and cool...and their videos had a bunch of hidden meanings/subtle themes in them. Its too bad that they decided to venture away from that.

Back
Top Bottom