Here comes the press rollout...Time magazine cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono concludes: "We're not politicians. We don't need the popular vote. Our audience is a minority. It's a very tiny minority. We just need to speak to them, and they know through the songs who we are. It's people who don't know the songs, who don't sit on trains with earbuds plugged in to our hearts and minds, who don't know who we are. We don't really need them."

I'm glad you feel that way Bono, I hope it influences your set list choices this tour :D

This is the guy who did the panel with Bono on the Web Summit. Interestingly, he failed to ask Bono the questions that are obviously relevant for him. Instead he went and wrote an article about why he thought the Apple deal was wrong. While some of it is an interesting read, I still think it's time to get over it. It's like beating a dead horse over and over again. Plus Bono is NOT sorry, even though it might be hard for some people to understand.

This is the guy who did the panel with Bono on the Web Summit. Interestingly, he failed to ask Bono the questions that are obviously relevant for him. Instead he went and wrote an article about why he thought the Apple deal was wrong. While some of it is an interesting read, I still think it's time to get over it. It's like beating a dead horse over and over again. Plus Bono is NOT sorry, even though it might be hard for some people to understand.

I want that Bono loose his head and declares "I'm not fucking sorry".
It's the only way.

“I really didn’t apologize, I was having some fun. Nobody wants to upset some young woman on Facebook,” he said, and then smiled and promised, “I’m working on the apology for the apology as we speak.”

Sent from my ass crack

“I really didn’t apologize, I was having some fun. Nobody wants to upset some young woman on Facebook,” he said, and then smiled and promised, “I’m working on the apology for the apology as we speak.”

He has said that at least a couple of times now, but nobody cares.

So probably doing this:

I want that Bono loose his head and declares "I'm not fucking sorry".

It's really the only way.

He has said that at least a couple of times now, but nobody cares.

So probably doing this:

It's really the only way.

After the web summit, when he said that he was very proud of it there were some articles from "music journalists" saying that Bono had a senior moment and forgot that he had apologized previously :angry:

No apologies needed. U2 made a business decision as did Apple. Who cares if some people didn't like it. After the whining as died down this will be seen years from now as a real success in a music industry time that is on life support!

Watch: Foo Fighters Talk Interviewing President Obama and U2’s Creative Album Release : Blogs : Relix

Along with Grohl's big Presidential moment, the band also dished on U2's rather unorthodox album release. Grohl's response contradicted Taylor Hawkins' latest "sounds like a fart" critique, but it'll certainly keep the band out of the headlines for a day as they continue promoting their new release, Sonic Highways. "The most important thing is that people appreciate music," Grohl says next to Hawkins, who sits in silent protest.

Bono concludes: "We're not politicians. We don't need the popular vote. Our audience is a minority. It's a very tiny minority. We just need to speak to them, and they know through the songs who we are. It's people who don't know the songs, who don't sit on trains with earbuds plugged in to our hearts and minds, who don't know who we are. We don't really need them."

... says the man who felt so strongly that the unwashed masses needed to hear his latest album that he spammed it into every iThing.

"He" didn't spam anything or anyone, the ones that gave away the album for free were Apple. I'm tired of people saying it was all Bono's idea. I'm sure if U2 had known how many people had automatic downloads or updates (what a STUPID idea, btw) they would have thought twice about it. People complaining about getting a free album is so over the top that it's a joke itself, as if there were no other problems in the world.

"He" didn't spam anything or anyone, the ones that gave away the album for free were Apple. I'm tired of people saying it was all Bono's idea. I'm sure if U2 had known how many people had automatic downloads or updates (what a STUPID idea, btw) they would have thought twice about it. People complaining about getting a free album is so over the top that it's a joke itself, as if there were no other problems in the world.

It was so Bono's idea.

What is also over the top is your defense here against... what I'm not sure.

Bono's comments that I quoted are on exact contradiction with his, Bono's, comments about why THE BAND decided to release the album in the fashion that they did.

That is what I was pointing out... not taking a shot at the FUBARed release its self. We all know that was Adam's fault.

It was no one's fault. It was a good idea. What Apple didn't account for is that a large majority of iPhone users have the setting enabled which allows purchases to automatically download instead of manually downloading their purchases. Along with that, it was almost impossible for the people to then delete it. At least with Google Play Music, you can simply delete anything in your library in a matter of 2 clicks. But it's not surprising that Apple screwed it up considering their recent history (ios8 I'm looking at you).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

what does "FUBARed" mean?

Fucked Up Beyond Recognition-Tango and Cash is great source material as it contains two of the greatest 80s movies stars ever. Kurt Russell alone might be the greatest actor of all time after his Big Trouble in Little China spectacular ;)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

It was no one's fault. It was a good idea. What Apple didn't account for is that a large majority of iPhone users have the setting enabled which allows purchases to automatically download instead of manually downloading their purchases. Along with that, it was almost impossible for the people to then delete it. At least with Google Play Music, you can simply delete anything in your library in a matter of 2 clicks. But it's not surprising that Apple screwed it up considering their recent history (ios8 I'm looking at you).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Obviously it was Apple's fault.

Only a lunatic would believe my Adam comment.

Looney.

1. I don't think it was a mistake.

2. I don't think Bono is contradicting himself saying this:

"We don't need the popular vote. Our audience is a minority. It's a very tiny minority. We just need to speak to them, and they know through the songs who we are. It's people who don't know the songs, who don't sit on trains with earbuds plugged in to our hearts and minds, who don't know who we are. We don't really need them."

...and then pushing their album to everybody with an itunes.

Because pushing the album to everybody is "LISTEN TO THIS".
You did? good.
Did you like it? Great. You didn't? Then fckoff. We don't need you anyway.

They "need" that people listens to their music, they don't "need" that everybody likes it, and that's how I understand what he said and why I don't believe there's any contradiction.

Fucked Up Beyond Recognition-Tango and Cash is great source material as it contains two of the greatest 80s movies stars ever. Kurt Russell alone might be the greatest actor of all time after his Big Trouble in Little China spectacular ;)

thanks! :lol:

Its origins are actually from the US military in the 1940s, FYI.

Its origins are actually from the US military in the 1940s, FYI.

I'm sticking with Kurt Russell making it up in Tango and Cash because Kurt Russell is almost as cool as Chuck Norris and thats enough for me!

what does "FUBARed" mean?

Fucked Up Beyond Recognition-Tango and Cash is great source material

Tango & Cash? The GI's who coined the phrase during WWII deserve a little credit as well. ;)

EDIT: Just saw Cori beat me to it...FUBAR!

I'm sticking with Kurt Russell making it up in Tango and Cash because Kurt Russell is almost as cool as Chuck Norris and thats enough for me!

Cooler than the GI's who gave their lives to stop Hitler? ? So you're grateful for free U2 record but not being saved from Nazi tyranny?

It-vexes-me.jpg

:up:

I've never even seen Tango and Cash. And I'm a better man for it.

Tango and Cash is like Kurt Russell's Joshua Tree.

Big Trouble in Little China would be Kurt Russell's "War", as it really put him on the map!

Escape from New York would be his Unforgettable Fire
Escape from LA...Passengers (that movie is aweful... He actually surfs a wave in one of the worst CGI scenes)

Captain Ron would be Pop....good intentions but didn't deliver.

There are a couple of acronyms that go along the lines of FUBAR, which is king shit of the fucked up trilogy

SNAFU = situation normal all fucked up
TARFU = things are really fucked up

The military taught me some of the most important things in this life, how to walk, talk, swear, fight, drink, and fuck.

(okay, they didn't actually teach me how to fuck, but it sounded good)(sort of)

There are a couple of acronyms that go along the lines of FUBAR, which is king shit of the fucked up trilogy

SNAFU = situation normal all fucked up
TARFU = things are really fucked up

The military taught me some of the most important things in this life, how to walk, talk, swear, fight, drink, and fuck.

(okay, they didn't actually teach me how to fuck, but it sounded good)(sort of)

SNAFU.....never knew that one mention that.....I'm stealing it.

Back
Top Bottom