Have you listened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listened to the Beach Clips?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Not yet but I might

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Not yet but I will after realease to see how the song evolved

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

edurban

War Child
Apart from the obvisous people who posted in the relevant threads, I am curious to know how many did listen to the "beach" (or "quay" maybe?) clips and how many prefer to have the surprise.

I have only listened to the very first things up to now (Scales... :wink:) and I am still undecided on whether to go for it before release or not.

Leave a note to let me know what you voted, if you wish.

ED

I did a year ago or whenever they surfaced but I can't remember them. I downloaded them this week, and I hope the new album will be lots better than these.

Apart from the obvisous people who posted in the relevant threads, I am curious to know how many did listen to the "beach" (or "quay" maybe?) clips and how many prefer to have the surprise.

I have only listened to the very first things up to now (Scales... :wink:) and I am still undecided on whether to go for it before release or not.

Leave a note to let me know what you voted, if you wish.

ED

I've listened to No line on the horizon, Walk into the streets, and the possible For your love. The lyrics and melodies are good but you can tell parts of it aren't finished. The final album will be more polished than that for sure. The clips are farther on than AB outtakes and less than a final album track.

It won't have an effect on how I listen to the album because I'm interested in how an album is developed anyways. I still think the new album will be a surprise because of other songs we have no clue on. I remember when A Man and a Woman came out on the album and how different that felt like for U2.

Could someone send me For Your love? I don't think I've heard that clip. I have the 3:43 version of No Line and the very clear Walk Out into the Streets (which I like better than NLOTH, maybe its because I can actually hear it).

If I am missing a clear version of No Line, please send that too. I really appreciate it.

Jeef690@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

Yup, I've listened to all the beach clips. I do want the surprise, but the clips we've been getting really aren't clear enough to give it all away. I'm sure what we will actually hear on the album will be a great surprise! :happy:

same for me :)

There's no way these beach clips could spoil the listening experience when I finally get the new album...everything we have is so unsubstantial...

of course i did :wink: i feel a bit guilty though.. :(

hopefully the album will sound a bit better than these...although 402 kicks ass.

I have... but I think I'm going to restrain myself (if I can) when more substantial leaks come out until they are "officially" released, at least to radio.

This reminds me of last summer, when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out... I was having to pull my hand away from the computer to stop myself from reading the leaked copy of it, but, in the end, I managed to wait until 8:00am the morning it came out (west coast time :( ) to begin reading it.

Am sorely tempted to have a little listen but I am so addicted to the insane adrenalin rush that comes with the anticipation of hearing new songs for the first time that I've held off for now . . . the :hyper: is building though - weeehooooooooooooo :wink:

this shit confuses me... are we talking about the old Beach Clips for HTDAAB or the new clips for the upcoming album? :scratch:

If it's the old stuff - no

If it's the new stuff - yes but I wish I hadn't

I am talking about the new stuff, which is why I suggested that they might need to be called 'quay clips' instead of 'beach clips'.

I assume the expression 'beach clip' refers to the fact that the leaked HTDAAB recordings were taken from the beach outside their place in France, as opposed to these latest ones taken from outside HQ Studios?

There are "beach clips" that are from after HTDAAB. They are commonly numbered as 400, 402, 403, 404, and 409. 400 went on to become Window in the Skies. I don't think the really recent ones from HQ are referred to as beach clips, just HQ clips. Or if they are getting referred to as beach clips now well that's just confusing. :grumpy:

(There are also older beach clips from before HTDAAB.. those did go on to become songs from the album but I forget which ones at the moment)

I'm confused about the new songs mentioned here. For Your love, No Line on the Horizon, Walk Out into the Streets. Are there actually listenable versions that are identified by these names now?

I have listened to the beach clips and must admit they were nothing special. Hope U2 don't use any of the songs or if they do develop them into a better song.

I've heard Walk Out Into The Streets, imo it sounded ok but a bit U2-ish.

Back
Top Bottom