Hard Rocking Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my preferrence for the upcoming album would be some kind of a Monster Magnet / System Of A Down style-mix.
some heavy riffs go hand in hand with sweet singalong and arabic/psychodelic stuff.

I wouldn't mind hard-rocking in the vein of Hold Me, Thrill Me or the Fly, except that they've been there. But I don't know hat I could handle a whole album of All Because of You and Elevation. Or even Vertigo for that matter.

jacobus said:
my preferrence for the upcoming album would be some kind of a Monster Magnet / System Of A Down style-mix.
some heavy riffs go hand in hand with sweet singalong and arabic/psychodelic stuff.

That would be so good!!!! Can Larry play that fast though? :wink:

Seriously, I think that it will be close to AB, maybe not in terms of music, but in terms of innovation.... They haven't played that many AB songs during Vertigo Tour in a very long time..... it is maybe a hint.

Let's hope for it!:drool:

jacobus said:

I think I just threw up a little...

UnforgettableLemon said:
But I don't know hat I could handle a whole album of All Because of You and Elevation. Or even Vertigo for that matter.

This would add up to failure in the purest sense. I don't know how you came up with those songs though...at least that's not what I'm interpreting out of all this ...:hmm:

Yahweh_OMG said:

That would be so good!!!! Can Larry play that fast though? :wink:

Seriously, I think that it will be close to AB, maybe not in terms of music, but in terms of innovation.... They haven't played that many AB songs during Vertigo Tour in a very long time..... it is maybe a hint.

Let's hope for it!:drool:

I hope for AB type sound as well! Would not like the system stuff, etc, but rest assured, Larry CAN play that fast. Just watch some of the youtube videos of especially JT era- even on Pride, In God's Country not the loudest or fastest songs, he is going like a machine. Same for the fly, etc. Watch him close, he can go as fast as anyone out there!

hell ya we need "Numb" part 2!!
and bono needs to get his shit together(im talking about his voice) bring back the falsetto and deep voice! no more hello hello!

shaun vox said:
hell ya we need "Numb" part 2!!
and bono needs to get his shit together(im talking about his voice) bring back the falsetto and deep voice! no more hello hello!

How about hello hello in a deep voice? :wink:

U2387 said:

I hope for AB type sound as well! Would not like the system stuff, etc, but rest assured, Larry CAN play that fast. Just watch some of the youtube videos of especially JT era- even on Pride, In God's Country not the loudest or fastest songs, he is going like a machine. Same for the fly, etc. Watch him close, he can go as fast as anyone out there!

Well, please listen to some drum work that System is doing.... this drummer is impressive. I'm not saying Larry is not, but it is not at all what he is used to play (none of U2 song ever) and I doubt he would like to anyway....

Let's see...

Yahweh_OMG said:

Well, please listen to some drum work that System is doing.... this drummer is impressive. I'm not saying Larry is not, but it is not at all what he is used to play (none of U2 song ever) and I doubt he would like to anyway....

Let's see...

Sure, I have looked at some System, worked at a show of theirs before, hes an amazing drummer. I am with you 100%- Larry would probably not want to do that kind of work and never has. The question was, could he play fast enough to keep up with a hard rocking album, and my belief is he absolutely can. Maybe not in the exact same way as System, but he can certainly get the speed up there in general.

I am not sure about the drumming, I think Larry is capable of some pretty solid stuff!! as for a heavy rock album, check out the fez clip between the 2:30 and 3:35 minute mark, what ever they are playing there is totally awesome, some pretty heavy guitars and very energetic if you ask me! It sounds very U2ish but a bit different then what they have done in the past!

Back
Top Bottom