Guess date of the release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

What the hell did that have to do with anything in this thread? :huh:

Let me guess - spam?

the albums will be sold with a complimentary sniff of a baby's head?

:shrug:

Release in autumn 2007? Tour in spring 2008? Absurd, when you reflect the band's statements about their recent musical activities.
- They have hired Eno/Lanois – unusual for U2 – not in the middle or end of the recording pricess, but in the beginning, where they don't know, where it will take them jamming around with melodies & sounds ...
- They even don't know, how to call their jamming (a project? a proper album? just fooling around and collecting inspiration & ideas?)

Folks, let's face it – we're at the very beginning of whatever. This year, there isn't even a horizon for a new U2 album ... but there's always space for a real surprise, we could call a miracle I guess!

Last edited:
Summer 2008: first single, perhaps as a iTunes exclusive -- maybe free to iPhone buyers?

September 2008: Full album

Fall 2008: limited number of live gigs, perhaps secret club dates in NY, London and Dublin

Spring 2009: tour commences, runs until 2012

silvrlvr said:

Spring 2009: tour commences, runs until 2012

Now THAT I like. I'm not going to be anywhere affordable ($1000 or less for airfare) to anywhere they'd tour between summer 2008 and 2010 or so. So all these predictions make my stomach churn at the thought of missing a tour. I either need a tour starting March 2008 (which I don't believe is possible) or an album release in Nov 2009 (which is a long long long time to wait for new U2, plus more importantly those liner notes for Mercy that will settle the age old violence vs. violins debate :wink: ). Or a 4 year tour.

Axver said:

Not possible. Albums come out on Mondays in most parts of the world, Tuesday in the US.

My realistic prediction:

Single: Week before Grammy's cut-off
Album: Late November 2008
Tour:
March-June 2009: North America
June-September 2009: Europe
October-December 2009: North America
February-March 2010: Rejected Lands

My optimistic prediction:

Single: Late March 2008
Album: Late April 2008
Tour:
May-August 2008: Europe
August-November 2008: North America
February-March 2009: Rejected Lands
May-June 2009: North America

Lol, if they do go on tour in Sept 2009 in Europe then Happy B'Day to me! Best prezzie ever but I doubt that lol. I'm from Britian so I am guessing Early April to Late June 2008 on the next Album, the Lead Single may be out at Mid Feb to Late March, that's only a guess but then again, I got a strange feeling they may this time release a Double A-Side, sorry if that sounds weird.

As for the tour dates, I am stumped as I never seen them yet live! :(

Who knows, they may surprise us and work their socks off and practise and get inspiration 12 - 20 hours a day without sleep like they used to :wink: . 2008 is possible but anywhere beyond that is a reality people!:ohmy:

WITS said:
Who knows, they may surprise us and work their socks off and practise and get inspiration 12 - 20 hours a day without sleep like they used to :wink: . 2008 is possible but anywhere beyond that is a reality people!:ohmy:

Wait are you saying they would have to work 12-20 hours a day to give us a 2008 release? No way...

Party Boy said:

I reckon Edge will outlive them all. I reckon Larry is fading fast. Now there is a guy who has aged overnight...

Yes, I've noticed that. It's all a part of a strange twist of irony in which Larry, Bono and the Edge will all begin to age rapidly, leaving Adam appearing to be the youngest member.

Mid-to-late October '08. They'll want to get a second hit single out just before Christmas in order to boost the sales, rather than last time where "Vertigo" dominated until the new year.

I still think it's freakin' lame that Paul McDouche only wants to release their albums at Christmas because that means millions of extra units due to "gifting"...BAH! We could most definitely be enjoying a new, fully polished release early next year if it wasn't for some corporate greediness on everyone's part.

November 24th, 2008 would be my guess for the Worldwide release. November 25th for US and Canada.

BigMacPhisto said:
Mid-to-late October '08. They'll want to get a second hit single out just before Christmas in order to boost the sales, rather than last time where "Vertigo" dominated until the new year.

I still think it's freakin' lame that Paul McDouche only wants to release their albums at Christmas because that means millions of extra units due to "gifting"...BAH! We could most definitely be enjoying a new, fully polished release early next year if it wasn't for some corporate greediness on everyone's part.

Well, it is a business and he is their manager. U2 could refuse to follow the plan but they dont. I think its because the plan works for them as far as recording and touring. Also, there are other people besides U2 themselves whose livlihoods are involved within their organization. So they do have to consider the big picture.

Back
Top Bottom