GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else wondering if this is still the same video that was done mid December with Alex Courtes?
With art added?
Or some changes?
Or a totally different video?

I mean : there's some more names (th1ng, Ann Xiao, Martyn Pick) in the mix now :

th1ng

th1ng

th1ng

Is anyone else wondering if this is still the same video that was done mid December with Alex Courtes?
With art added?
Or some changes?
Or a totally different video?

I mean : there's some more names (th1ng, Ann Xiao, Martyn Pick) in the mix now :

th1ng

th1ng

th1ng

interesting thought - and thanks for the links.

But I think it's all the same - Edge comment about Courtes version fits perfect with this fotos. So I think Courtes as a director was more supervising - directed these grafic people mentioned. Just also wonder why he didn't work with his guys - how I understood it - he has his office in france:

Pretty Cool People Interviews

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a really bad photoshop job?

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a really bad photoshop job?

Looks like a bad green screen job. The most 'uncool' part of that pic is Bono's pose, IMO. But it's probably just a random screen cap

I think thats how its supposed to be.

Mmmm... i don't think so. Resolution is crap and bono is not actually green keyed in, more like clipped on there. Maybe this are mock up's for the look of the video, and pretty rough ones at that. The image from the japanese blog looks better. I'm thinking that's from the actual video.

Well, we'll know in 3 days at the most.

This is too good and looks like it took too much time to be a fake, in my opinion.

More likely unfinished mock-ups/placeholders for the artist to work with.

Looks like a bad green screen job. The most 'uncool' part of that pic is Bono's pose, IMO. But it's probably just a random screen cap

I don't think it's a bad green screen job because that wouldn't cut of parts of the figure in the foreground like this pic...

Plus, why is Bono holding a microphone? Think about it in most video of this nature the singer is just going to lip synch not pose with a mic...

I'm calling bullshit.

I don't think it's a bad green screen job because that wouldn't cut of parts of the figure in the foreground like this pic...

Plus, why is Bono holding a microphone? Think about it in most video of this nature the singer is just going to lip synch not pose with a mic...

I'm calling bullshit.

Good points.

Oddly enough, it looks like Bono's in the same exact outfit as he's wearing in these pics from the old 'new video' thread. Notice also that he's holding a microphone. At the time of that thread, we dismissed those pics as coming from a November 2006 photo shoot in Australia, potentially for some Motorola project that was scrapped (See below). Either that 2006 date didn't really apply to those pics and they're from the new video, or the person who created these new images somehow got a hold of some other pictures from that photoshoot and decided to make these up.

portraits3.jpg

info.gif

It seems that the date is 2006, and that they were taken in Australia (timing fits, Bono's hair fits etc). It may be linked to the filming they did in Melbourne. But it appears that its nothing to do with what they are doing now.

Even so, look at how good quality those pics are and look at how crappy the 'video' pics look. Sorry but I think they're fake lol. I thought that the second I saw them. :shrug:

Even so, look at how good quality those pics are and look at how crappy the 'video' pics look. Sorry but I think they're fake lol. I thought that the second I saw them. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm leaning toward fake, too. Those pics really are pretty crappy----look at how jagged Bono's head is in a few of them, almost like a bad cut & paste job. And looking at the original pictures, there's no green or blue screen behind the band, just grey walls.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward fake, too. Those pics really are pretty crappy----look at how jagged Bono's head is in a few of them, almost like a bad cut & paste job. And looking at the original pictures, there's no green or blue screen behind the band, just grey walls.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're real. I think the "bad photoshop" cut-and-paste job is what they're going for with the pop art look.

:drool::drool:

looks very cool

They are not fake - and he is not wearing his old clothes.
He also wears this new "star"- sunglasses. But what's really a little bit ugly is the "green" around Bono from the green box. But I think these are snapshots from the work - the finished ones will look better - I hope.

Anyway I like the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom