GOYB Video? (Pics? 01/27/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should rename MTV/VH1

RTV (RealityTV) better fits their choice of programming.

Its all just mindless, manufactured garbage that rots the brain.

Same concept as slowing down to watch a car crash. Its human nature to look at something horrible. most people just can't look away from that junk they put on those channels.

I wish people picked up a book now and then.

Reading is actually a lost art form :sad:

marketing television

Much Music & Much More Music in Canada still play videos quite heavily. There's a top 10 Countdown show every day on both networks, and they also do 'Video Flow' a couple times a day, where random videos new & old play for an hour or two. Much More Music will be more inclinded to play U2, and I can see them airing a bunch of specials around the CD release.

I don't know about OZ or NZ but out of the US, UK, and Canada I think the latter is light-years ahead of the other two concerning the playing of music videos. Both MuchMusic and MuchMoreMusic(both Canadian vid channels) are and have been oriented around the playing of music videos. They also show movies(MMM) and increasing silly American programmes geared for adolescents though, but you can still get a healthy portion of music vids.

In OZ we have a show called "rage" on public broadcaster ABC. This is a commercial free, VJ-free 10 hour music show on Friday and Saturday nights. Best music television in the world.

On pay TV we have MTV (reality TV), two VH1 channels (plenty of good videos but lots of repetition and plenty of commercials) and Max (better variety and no reality TV).

Going by usual events, "rage" will be first to debut GOYB on it's Friday night show (30/1) around 11pm. The other channels will play it over that weekend.

I have found that on MuchMusic & Much More Music that the only time they are showing videos is in the morning. I usually flip between the morning news and MMM while getting ready for work. Not sure what is happening thru the day, but it is always those crap shows on in the late afternoons & evenings.

(It kind of annoys me that most of those shows have nothing to do with music - like Hulk Hogan Celebreity wrestling) give me a break!! they should just take "Music" out of the station names!:angry:

What about FUSE in the U.S.? While they also don't play videos 24/7 (at least it's not all trashy reality shows), they at least have a couple of video slots that aren't in the wee hours of the morning. Also Palladia HD plays videos in between their programs, I saw the video for City of Blinding Lights big screen for the first time on that channel last week. :)

Probably our best bet though for seeing the new video on TV is to program our DVRs for the wee hours of the morning, when these channels actually play some videos, and watch later...

hey, VH1 Classic is the only good music channel still around :rockon:

:up: I love that channel.

Btw, there's also "MTV Music", they actually play videos all the time. I find it funny that the original MTV had to establish a second programm to play music videos so they can show reality shows and crap all the time. MTV doesn't deserve its name.

In OZ we have a show called "rage" on public broadcaster ABC. This is a commercial free, VJ-free 10 hour music show on Friday and Saturday nights. Best music television in the world.

On pay TV we have MTV (reality TV), two VH1 channels (plenty of good videos but lots of repetition and plenty of commercials) and Max (better variety and no reality TV).

Going by usual events, "rage" will be first to debut GOYB on it's Friday night show (30/1) around 11pm. The other channels will play it over that weekend.

Yep, Rage is a very good show to watch music videos. Miles better than Video Hits that plays the same mainstream pop whatever junk.

After listening to the 22 second clip, what do you think the video will be like ?

For some reason I'm picturing something quite like "Discoteque" - without the Village People costumes though ;)

Yep, I agree, Rage will probably be first to pick it up here in Oz, or it will be the "Ripe" Clip of the week on Channel V. Thank Goodness for Channel V and MAX music channels here - I'd be lost without them!!

For some reason I'm picturing something quite like "Discoteque" - without the Village People costumes though ;)

Yeah i can see that now actually. It be a mix between the 360 cam on EBTTRT and discotheque.

They should rename MTV/VH1

RTV (RealityTV) better fits their choice of programming.

Its all just mindless, manufactured garbage that rots the brain.

Same concept as slowing down to watch a car crash. Its human nature to look at something horrible. most people just can't look away from that junk they put on those channels.

I wish people picked up a book now and then.

Reading is actually a lost art form :sad:

:bow: I totally agree with this!

We should start a petition! :yes: Get MTV renamed according to the shit they broadcast!

VH1 Sucks, I switch it on very morning to wake up and guarantee I get bleugh Lovers in Japan or that bloody song from VH1 Celeb Rehab with the ex members of Creed.

The Top 20 Show bears absolutely no resemblance to the actual Billboard chart either. And the you oughta know part is always a clone of some exisitng act and the dimwits voting for the videos or songs? I wonder, because none of the videos are that great. odd chart. shit channel, but I miss Rachel Perry for 'other' sordid reasons. :drool:

but yes they'll play it.

Yeah, there's no need to even worry about seeing it on MTV, MTV isn't important to the music industry anymore. Youtube, and band's websites are what matters these days.

So we'll just either see it on Youtube or on U2.com.

Yeah, I didn't really like the Vertigo video, it was cool at the time but now... :doh:

They should force Larry do dress up in a village people costume or have a weird romantic relationship with mermaid again.

I wonder if this is the video everyone was freaking out about months ago.. with the 'blue' background screen.

I'm sure that when the new video premieres, VH1 Classic will be playing it. They have a show called Classic/Current, so I'm sure it'll get play there.

Plus, believe it or not, MTV, MTV2 and VH1 still play videos, but just not very often. Then of course there's the Fuse channel.

I believe that 1/29/09 is when the video will be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom