Goyb (cooker remix ) on uk itunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, when is this era gonna be over???

U2 stuffing hundreds of different kinds of remixes down our (and everybody's!) throat which really nobody's interested in!

* Fans (in general) don't like them, and are hungering for years for relevant good b-side tracks. Almost with every album (like this one) they are making the fans drool with the message that they've written 30 or 40 songs..(which I've always doubted anyway!) and yet with every new single we get send in the woods for another 20 or 30 stupid remixes of (sometimes) previous album-tracks.

* Then why still do it? Are they still trying to get all the dancefloors hot, and decennia later still trying to outsmart John travolta in Saturday Night Fever with their crappy remixes? I visit all kinds of hip clubs regularly and I've never come across a these stupid U2 remixes! Luckely! Not one DJ is interested is this crap.

Still we'll get with the new single-cd of "Magnificent": (mark my words!)
* Magnificent (The SoOpEr-DOoper-Trippy-Mix)
* Magnificent (The Trance-WareHouse-House-Mix)
* Magnificent (The Snoop-Dog-Bling-Bling-Mix)

And the "special" edition will have:
* 50 Magnifi-Cent (Rap-duet with 50-Cent)
* Magnificent (R&B-version duet with Beyoncé)
* Discotheque (The Hedidoximale-whatever-Remix)
* Vertigo (Trance-Club-Of-Blinded-Fans-Mix)

Well, aren't these wonderful true surprises, or better: gems, for us fans after waiting for almost 5 years??:eyebrow::grumpy::depressed:
(read: succeeded attempts to crush and destroy a wonderful song with numourous, no-use remixes!)

And then knowing they have maybe 50 or more finished original tracks laying on dusted shelves on which the new ones will be stored too probably...

Actually it's pretty cool. Not as good as their remix of Day N Nite. But still I like it.

I'd rather have a remix by Digitalism though.

Ugh never mind. I stand corrected I just heard the whole thing. I only like their synth-manipulation of the main riff. Otherwise its a VERY sloppy remix.

Still Crookers are shite. Their only good song is Day N Nite. Everything else by them has been crap.

digitalism remix would be a blast. sure. but crookers did a solid job and it´s very good for them to get more attention.

but it´s not trance as someone mention here. it´s a bass-grime remix...and typical crookers style.

ah god, awful, remember all the great ones like Lemon, Salome, even a couple of of the Elevation ones were good.. this is, pff..

I read somewhere that labels don't like giving away original songs as bsides much these days, they prefer to stick them on iTunes deluxe downloads instead. Well, sometimes they do.

Man, when is this era gonna be over???

U2 stuffing hundreds of different kinds of remixes down our (and everybody's!) throat which really nobody's interested in!

* Fans (in general) don't like them, and are hungering for years for relevant good b-side tracks. Almost with every album (like this one) they are making the fans drool with the message that they've written 30 or 40 songs..(which I've always doubted anyway!) and yet with every new single we get send in the woods for another 20 or 30 stupid remixes of (sometimes) previous album-tracks.

* Then why still do it? Are they still trying to get all the dancefloors hot, and decennia later still trying to outsmart John travolta in Saturday Night Fever with their crappy remixes? I visit all kinds of hip clubs regularly and I've never come across a these stupid U2 remixes! Luckely! Not one DJ is interested is this crap.

Still we'll get with the new single-cd of "Magnificent": (mark my words!)
* Magnificent (The SoOpEr-DOoper-Trippy-Mix)
* Magnificent (The Trance-WareHouse-House-Mix)
* Magnificent (The Snoop-Dog-Bling-Bling-Mix)

And the "special" edition will have:
* 50 Magnifi-Cent (Rap-duet with 50-Cent)
* Magnificent (R&B-version duet with Beyoncé)
* Discotheque (The Hedidoximale-whatever-Remix)
* Vertigo (Trance-Club-Of-Blinded-Fans-Mix)

Well, aren't these wonderful true surprises, or better: gems, for us fans after waiting for almost 5 years??:eyebrow::grumpy::depressed:
(read: succeeded attempts to crush and destroy a wonderful song with numourous, no-use remixes!)

And then knowing they have maybe 50 or more finished original tracks laying on dusted shelves on which the new ones will be stored too probably...

Man, get over it, did you fall out of bed this morning or what? :huh:

If you don't like it don't buy it. I won't buy it, won't listen to it, won't be annoyed by it. Simple as that.

All this over-exaggerated whining and bitching by some people is more annoying than the worst remix could ever be.

the thing that amazes me is that this is an official release from U2, and this made it past quality control. I LOVE grime, I LOVE trance, and it's hard for me not to like dance remixes. But this just isn't very good on a compositional level, esp. when the "you don't know how beautiful you are" part comes in and the whole thing disintegrates.

I was hoping U2 would do a dubstep or drum 'n' bass remix of boots, because it's already pretty close, and it'd be a new thing for the boys. They could even have someone like Zomby do it - it'd sound like 90's jungle, but with a good smattering of dubstep and french house. Wouldn't it be great if U2 treated their remixes as a chance to a. be extremely creative, and b. be actively involved in the current dance scene?

i don't think it's quite as bad as you're all making it out to be. i'm not saying i love it or anything, but it's not the worst thing to ever happen to music.

I was hoping U2 would do a dubstep or drum 'n' bass remix of boots, because it's already pretty close, and it'd be a new thing for the boys. They could even have someone like Zomby do it - it'd sound like 90's jungle, but with a good smattering of dubstep and french house. Wouldn't it be great if U2 treated their remixes as a chance to a. be extremely creative, and b. be actively involved in the current dance scene?

:up: Yes, I would love this personally.

I admit I love remixes, house, trance etc. but that doesnt do much for me. :huh:

I'm with you! I love hearing remixes - especially of U2's music. I never liked "Lemon" until I heard the Perfecto remix of it! And I've often enjoyed a longer version of a favorite song, or a different spin on a song (like the "Salome" remix - adore it! :love: ).

However, this remix is just :barf: . I may download it just for completion's sake (especially if it is "official") but I couldn't even listen to the entire song.

If someone isn't a fan of GOYB, they should hear this. Suddenly, they'll find a new appreciation and love for the original.

Good grief! I was hoping the remix might help me like the song better. Bring on the next single!:hmm:

errgggggggggg I heard about 30 seconds of it on you tube- god that is a terrible remix- that's Depeche Mode bad ( great songs- terrible remixes)

I dimly recall the U2 mixes from AB-Zooropa- Pop era being good to great at times but nowadays they all seem to be awful (not just U2)- even Oasis have gone down that route- they even managed to turn the lovely I'm Outta Time into a remix (and it was awful)

WOW that was a waste of 3 minutes that I won't get back. How can U2 actually say that this would be good for a remix? Just imagine if this would have been the single release? :banghead:

oh my god that is a terrible remix! i do like some remixes and mash-ups and things, but man this is pretty bad! the gaps, the vocals slightly speeding up and slowing down, shabby!

a good remix of this song would be fantastic, thinking New York nasty mix kind of thing even, but this was just piss poor! :down:

Yeah, not the worst I've heard... there's some nice ideas on this one. But when it seems to be going somewhere it fails. What makes it even worst. :(

I quite like it.

But, what the hell, is it 'Cooker' remix or 'Crooker' remix?

Back
Top Bottom