GOYB: Beach clip vs Single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hasin73

Refugee
Those who have heard the beach clip very attentively....

Can you please tell me if you figured any changes?

It's important, because if there's no change then we can now definitely say
that those 5 beach clips were all in finished form.

What do you think, friends?

Ok, just listening now. The song was 95% there! Hard to say as far as lyrics, but one thing I DO notice is that during the "let me in the sound" part Bono is singing the lines, but they don't seem to have the different music figured out yet, so they keep doing what they were doing up until then.

Funny to see how much my ears can pick up now that they couldn't a few days ago! :)

Edge-is-on-fire-burning importance!!!!!!1

How is one song and its variation from its beach clip any indication of how the other beach clips ended up? We've already heard that the title track's been twisted around about a hundred and eighty degrees.

I hear the submarine /gasoline verse earlier in the beach clip version than the single version

Those who have heard the beach clip very attentively....

Can you please tell me if you figured any changes?

It's important, because if there's no change then we can now definitely say
that those 5 beach clips were all in finished form.

What do you think, friends?

We also know that Breathe has been mixed loads of times, the beach clips will only give a clue as to what the songs will finish up as. From what I remember GOYB's clip is very similar in structure to the single but you couldn't make out the drums, bass, lyrics or production style from the BC. Unknown Caller and Magnificent probably won't change all that much, but we will get the missing bits (They are both missing about 2mins).

Beach clip is a little faster with an EBTTRT vibe. I like the final slower groovy version. I really wonder what Breathe sounds like now after going over 80 incarnations.

They ditched the sound of the sea! The Bastards :lol: :wink:

You can't say by one release that if there is no change then then rest will remain the same? :hmm: You know our boys! They like to keep us hungry for it :flirt:

Did anyone notice the Elvis Costello or Escape club comparison when they were listening to the beach clips last year?

Other than some lyric changes, it's all pretty much there. But it's a pretty straightforward song anyway, so that's not particularly surprising.

Bono's vocals actually sound better on the single. They sound REALLY strained on the beach clip.

How can they make 80 different versions of the same song? :lol:

Ever listened to the Axtung Beibi outtakes? Just in that snapshot of their work they had so many cuts of various songs. In fact I believe there were a few songs in the outtakes that ended up being combined together/split apart on the final album.

Definitely the lyrics. As a couple already said, submarine/gasoline comes almost immediately after "......can you see it too?" The other verses are the same structure though not even close to the same words as far as I can make out. The only thing I heard constant from the verses was the "wars between nations."

Beach clip is obviously not very good quality to know completely, but it seems like the song was mixed and arranged better. The drums and base seem more up front and Bono soars without being intrusive. The instruments do a lot more work in the song than the beach clip and both have this characteristic more than say Miracle drug or others where Bono yells over anything meaningfull from Edge or Adam.

GOYB had to be the most straightforward song in the beach clips, and even that changed, not significantly, but at least considerably. We know breathe has been through a few lives, so thats one clip that is different, UC and magnificent have probably been similarly re worked. The fact that boots sounds structurally the same cant be read into too much. All the other b clip songs sounded like there was alot more room to experiment/change things.

Back
Top Bottom