Got a reply from Dave Fanning today / Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgokelly

The Fly
Mark,

The new U2 single goes to radio next Monday around 8:30am . I'll be playing it before anyone else so if you want the world exclusive first play, check out the Breakfast Show on RTE 2FM Monday morning (Jan 19th.) at about 8:05am Irish time. Thanks,

Dave

Hmm, if Fanning is playing it on Monday morning there is a good chance that another radio station is playing it on Sunday or maybe even Saturday!

If you have SKY, it should be one of the radio stations

In theory yes but back when he played Vertigo they blocked the broadcast via Sky. It will be all over the internet within about 10 minutes though.

It's on sky digital channel 0164 in the UK, but if I remember correctly, Fanning's exclusive first play of Vertigo was blocked to everyone outside of Ireland. Though it was still all over the internet within minutes anyway.

It's on sky digital channel 0164 in the UK, but if I remember correctly, Fanning's exclusive first play of Vertigo was blocked to everyone outside of Ireland. Though it was still all over the internet within minutes anyway.

so if he plays it at 8.05am its conceivable we could have it by 8.12am . . . I can live with that :wink:

hmm I am hoping for it anytime.. Keep watching the number of blue crack users reading the forum. When it spikes I will know somethings up :)

Has been about 200 for the last days, and jumped to 300 today.

hmm I am hoping for it anytime.. Keep watching the number of blue crack users reading the forum. When it spikes I will know somethings up :)

Has been about 200 for the last days, and jumped to 300 today.

That is because the lazy bastards we are when we go to "work" on Monday.

8:30am Irish time.... is what California time :shifty:

runs to find international clock

ETA: so Dublin is only 8 hours ahead of me? Wouldn't that make it around 12:30am that, if it airs on the link provided, we could hear it then? :hmm: :hyper:

Thanks for the link(s)! Definitely going to try and listen to this on Jan 19, that would make a great birthday gift for me :D

Back
Top Bottom