Give us your rating of the album:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate the Album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll start another thread like this in a few weeks, but based on just two days of listening, what's your rating for the album?

Since I know you all know how much I love polls and poll options, I gave quarter point spots because I CAN.

9.25. Just wish there were more choices. I would've liked to rate it a 9.235432546723427987, but there were no such option. Why?

8.25. Have had some that didn't immediately grab me really start to come alive for me now; SFS, SLABT for instance, and I've found I don't really like Volcano and I don't like TIWYCRMN nearly as much as I thought I did.

Still LOVING Raised by wolves and yes, California though!

6.75 from me. Has started growing on me a bit. I'm sure within time that number will be much higher. After initial listen it was probably a 5 just because of how different it was & wasn't what I was expecting from them.

Too early for me.
I have to admit I don't really know how I feel about it.
This morning I woke up and felt like it was the best U2 album since Zooropa, earlier today I felt that both ATYCLB and NLOTH was better, but just now, listening to it, I got the thought that in a year's time, I'll prefer Songs of Innocence to Joshua Tree. I mean, it confuses the hell out of me. I keep listening to it and my opinions change.
Although, I will say, as has been said, it's a very cohesive album. There is not one song that I don't like (Song for Someone is sliiiiiightly boring to me though) and the sound and theme of the thing flows very well.
Oh, and The Troubles is a masterpiece, one of the best songs they have ever written. Like, ever. It's just so, so so so so good.
It's not just the best since Love is Blindness, it's THE best closer for any U2 album.

8.25. Have had some that didn't immediately grab me really start to come alive for me now; SFS, SLABT for instance, and I've found I don't really like Volcano and I don't like TIWYCRMN nearly as much as I thought I did.

Still LOVING Raised by wolves and yes, California though!

I love new acronyms :drool:

After first couple of spins, while heavily under excitement it was 8
Today it is 6... I'm not feeling it, and i listen to it a lot because it is u2, but it seems too me that I will not play it a lot anymore after couple of months. I will again go back to older favorites.
Maybe it grows on me, will come back to the new thread in a month or two

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

Listening to it now, and Song For Someone is one of their finest epics. The development is so smooth and perfect. The lyrics are great too, and the melody...man, Bono hasn't written a melody like that in 20 years! I can't wait to hear this live.

I ranked this one 9th overall in their catalog, but it might even be higher. It really stands up with their best albums. I am absolutely shocked that not only is it good, it's great, and every song is fantastic.

Bring on Songs of Experience!

6.25, which isn't bad in my book. Could be a lot different when all's said and done. Not ready to commit to anything higher until I give it some more time too.

8, after 6 full listens since launch. I've been enjoying this album so much. But, I think it's time to start mixing the songs with the rest of my music library before I get sick of it.

We should do this poll again in 4 months and see how the album ages.

My plan was to do it again in a month and then like once more after that like 5 months on

Too early for me.
I have to admit I don't really know how I feel about it.
This morning I woke up and felt like it was the best U2 album since Zooropa, earlier today I felt that both ATYCLB and NLOTH was better, but just now, listening to it, I got the thought that in a year's time, I'll prefer Songs of Innocence to Joshua Tree. I mean, it confuses the hell out of me. I keep listening to it and my opinions change.
Although, I will say, as has been said, it's a very cohesive album. There is not one song that I don't like (Song for Someone is sliiiiiightly boring to me though) and the sound and theme of the thing flows very well.
Oh, and The Troubles is a masterpiece, one of the best songs they have ever written. Like, ever. It's just so, so so so so good.
It's not just the best since Love is Blindness, it's THE best closer for any U2 album.
The whole point of this is initial reaction, so please please do rate from the gut. We'll do this again.

I hope I'll change my point of view later, but right now I think that the album is good, but if you compare it with other U2 albums it's one of the worst. :| It's better than October, it's better than Boy for me, but it's not as good as any other U2 album. Many good songs, but there are no great songs. Maybe only Every Breaking Wave, but I doubt it. Maybe I will forget about this song very soon. So what I really want is another album in year 2015! So I would not be disappointed. :wink: Well, good but not great album is better than nothing at all.

I gave it a conservative 7. The fangirl in me wants to give it an 8 or maybe even a little higher, but it feels like it's too early to slap a higher number on it.

8, after 6 full listens since launch. I've been enjoying this album so much. But, I think it's time to start mixing the songs with the rest of my music library before I get sick of it.

Good idea,it's all I have listened too for 3 days.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yo, too many options, damn haha. I'm not sure, I'd put myself in the 8-8.5 camp.

I gave it a conservative 7. The fangirl in me wants to give it an 8 or maybe even a little higher, but it feels like it's too early to slap a higher number on it.

Just fangirl out. Who cares? We'll get another album hopefully soon, but days like this are few and far between for U2 fans. If you like it less in 3 days, 3 months, 3 years, whatevs.

Back
Top Bottom