Give us your rating of the album:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate the Album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What was the average rating for NLOTH after a few days? I know we had to do a poll.

Just curious to get an idea how this compares

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

What was the average rating for NLOTH after a few days? I know we had to do a poll.

Just curious to get an idea how this compares

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I think this one will have more staying power, nothing offensive on it. GYOB and SUC(K) we're offensively bad. And the pre-album build up was super egoey. This one, not so much.

I'm at 6.75 right now which is good. Better than the last 2 albums which was my primary concern. 7 is Zooropa territory. 8 is UF, War territory. 9/10 is of course reserved for AB and JT. Anything higher than a 7 at this point is silly.

I think this one will have more staying power, nothing offensive on it. GYOB and SUC(K) we're offensively bad. And the pre-album build up was super egoey. This one, not so much.

There's no ego in assuming that the whole world wants your album in their hard drive? :lol:

After a few listens, about 7.

It doesn't have any obvious clunkers, but I doubt that any tracks will bother my top U2 songs list much either. And that's probably the first - pretty much every U2 album until now had at least a couple of songs I loved. Also, they've written way catchier choruses and oh-ohs in the past. Still, the more I listen to the album the more enjoyable details come through, and as an album experience it works really well.

Oh, and The Troubles is a masterpiece, one of the best songs they have ever written. Like, ever. It's just so, so so so so good.
It's not just the best since Love is Blindness, it's THE best closer for any U2 album.[/QUOTE]

:up::up::up:

After a few listens, about 7.

It doesn't have any obvious clunkers, but I doubt that any tracks will bother my top U2 songs list much either. And that's probably the first - pretty much every U2 album until now had at least a couple of songs I loved. Also, they've written way catchier choruses and oh-ohs in the past. Still, the more I listen to the album the more enjoyable details come through, and as an album experience it works really well.

Basically this exactly.

I miss the days when U2 wrote songs that bothered my top U2 songs list. Those days appear to have ended in 1997. Good work Gone, you were the last of your kind.

At least Cedarwood Road gave it a red hot go, the best in a long time. It's more than I expected, to be honest.

I gave it 9.5, i love the layers it has. Every time i listen to it i love it a little more, and every day i have a new favorite song.
I feel like it ticks a lot of boxes for people's issues with U2 circa 97 onwards. More rock, more guitar, less mellow, less rhymy, more heart felt, some cracker lyrics etc.
But then i love the way u2 tries different things. We're never going to get another SBS or WOWY or AIWIY etc because those songs are legendary and perfect for the moment they were written in. Release songs like that now, and im sure plenty of people who adore them would be 'eh?' I think too many u2 fans look backwards to the "glory days" and don't enjoy that we're still getting glorious songs from a band in a time of an absolute DEARTH or anything of substance music industry.

This album is ace because each song has a distinct individual tone, yet they are brilliantly cohesive.
I think they knocked it out of the the park.

Back
Top Bottom