Get Out of Your Own Way - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #741
Refugee

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel D. View Post
Nah, I think I've heard enough about Trump everywhere else, I don't need more at a concert.
Plot twist: the political rants of the tour will all be directed at Mitch McConnell

superchuk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #742
The Fly

Eh. I'm on live and let live terms with this one. I don't hate it. I don't love it. 6.17 out of 10.

I'll sometimes have to cringe to get past the "Ah-ah-ah-ah-a-aaaahhhh" -- it feels so weightless and un-U2 to me -- but darned if this song doesn't otherwise lodge itself in your brain and stay there. Which ... I guess was the plan

J_Frank_Parnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #743
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have a confession to make. I used to think that GOOYOW doesn't sound that much like Beautiful Day, but when they played it in Tulsa, my first thought was “Why are they playing Beautiful Day again?”
Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #744
The Fly

My favorite version of the song is the Womankind mix. This version eliminates the opening ahahaahs, Kendrick's sermon, and uses the "if I could sing it to you" part three times and closes the song with it. This version is also just 3 minutes long. My custom playlist for Songs of Experience eliminates the album version and uses the Womankind mix.

I think that people who already like this song but had some issues with it would enjoy this version more than the original. And people who do not care for this song would at least enjoy the song more than they previously did.
AtomicHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #745
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicHorizon View Post
My favorite version of the song is the Womankind mix. This version eliminates the opening ahahaahs, Kendrick's sermon, and uses the "if I could sing it to you" part three times and closes the song with it. This version is also just 3 minutes long. My custom playlist for Songs of Experience eliminates the album version and uses the Womankind mix.

I think that people who already like this song but had some issues with it would enjoy this version more than the original. And people who do not care for this song would at least enjoy the song more than they previously did.

While the remixes associated with this album have, save for a couple, been atrocious...the “womankind” mix is one of the better ones.

I would say the Beck LIBTAIIW, Beck LOH and Best Thing Kygo are some of the better (not great) remixes.

Then there are the other GOOYOW , Blackout and LIBTAIIW mixes that are fucking awful/embarrassing.

There is a GOOYOW mix that is literally Bono saying “wow” the whole time (save for 1 chorus inclusion)....it’s so bad!
CosmoKramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

I'm in the minority that thinks the song is great as is, and I still can't stop blasting it.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:20 PM   #747
The Fly

Yeah, the remixes for this album range from uninteresting to awful for the most part. However, the Womankind mix of Get Out is superior to the album version in my opinion. Bono keeps trying to say this is a "pop song" but ruined the pop appeal of it with their album mix. The Womankind mix brings out the pop in this song and elevates to an excellent track.
AtomicHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:29 AM   #748
The Fly

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Even though its formulaic. I tend to just get lost in the music. Strangely pleasing
Zephyrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #749
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
Even though its formulaic. I tend to just get lost in the music. Strangely pleasing
Anything sounds good over a G-D-A-Bm progression, really.

trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote