Get Out of Your Own Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 take forever to finish an album and send out fan club gifts, I can't imagine waiting for them to publish a magazine on a regular basis.

So still no video? This must be a new record for them teasing something and then nothing appears?

Why are they waiting with the video? Is there a new single mix in the works, along with some orchestra? The album needs some more promotion now. In a few weeks it will be out of the charts.
The song is still growing for me.

The whole video thing is getting very strange ... they're either..
A) Not satisfied with the video and are redoing something
B) Still think Best Thing has life on the charts and don't want to interfere
C) Are re-thinking promoting this song at all

I'm hoping they realized that it was a crappy decision to release two straight poppy singles... but it's probably something more mundane and aggravating, like they plan on performing the song on the Grammys and are timing the release around that.

For whatever it’s worth, GOOYOW was set to be pushed on Alternative radio stations on 1/9 and it is now moved to 1/16.

Not sure why it was pushed back a week but it’s possible hey will time the video with this “push”.

There are no dates for it to be pushed to AC or Hot AC.

I've heard it a bunch over the past month on a Texas station I've found and listen to a lot online. 91.7, I think? Good stuff.

Virgin radio in the uk play it 2-3 times a day in working hours anyway

I'm hoping they realized that it was a crappy decision to release two straight poppy singles... but it's probably something more mundane and aggravating, like they plan on performing the song on the Grammys and are timing the release around that.

Oy vey, if they play either of those songs at the Grammys it will suck the air out of the room.

Just heard GOOYOW in a Frickers restaurant (Think Hooters without the terrible uniforms). Sounded pretty good to hear it in a loud sports bar atmosphere!

I am struggling to find a U2 song that I've gone back and forth on more. I never hated it- in fact, always liked it on some level. It took a while for me to really get it and warm up to it more than just "it's a nice enough song" then it just keeps going up and down.

Some days, I'll hear it and it's just there. I'm waiting for it to end. Other days, I'll hear it and it really grabs me. Today, I heard it for the first time in a few days and felt an energy and vitality in the music I hadn't noticed before.

This was, in my mind, only the latest example of the "SOE is a grower" crowd being proven right. Even on the simple, straightforward pop songs, I'm finding new things all the time.

Anyone heard this Switchblade remix on Spotify? It’s pointless, the chorus doesn’t even show up?wtf

It's so bad that I have to wonder who in U2s camp approved to attach GOOYOW to it.

I thin Bono says "wow" more often than any other lyric in the song

Some days, I'll hear it and it's just there. I'm waiting for it to end. Other days, I'll hear it and it really grabs me. Today, I heard it for the first time in a few days and felt an energy and vitality in the music I hadn't noticed before.

I'm similar. Sometimes it's just there and seems to be yet another U2 song that relies on four certain chords. Yet other times, it hits me and I can appreciate it a lot more (lyrically, sound-wise, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom