Get Out of Your Own Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After watching BD from the BBC performence, the songs havnet been this good since Elevation tour. The studio version is silly in compare....

Really love GOOYOW now. Thought it was awful on first listen but its grown so,so much.

I agree. There is not an offensive song on this album (haven't listened for almost two weeks now), not even AS. Get Out is just a song that I don't see myself listening to outside the context of the album.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to quote Kiwilad saying that it's not offensive.

Last edited:
Didn't think you were, just responding and trying to say that it's not just the lyrics or the song meaning that turned me off.

Okay. It's not just about America, but the middle verse with Lincoln and the face of liberty seems to be part of the last-minute injection of political lyrics. Other than that, the song is pretty obviously about his children/daughter(s). But what other interpretation is there for the middle verse lyrics I referred to? Genuinely asking, not rhetorically.

Anyway, it's not a dealbreaker even if it was all about America, but it just left me unimpressed. Maybe it will suddenly start growing on me. Has happened before.

Okay. It's not just about America, but the middle verse with Lincoln and the face of liberty seems to be part of the last-minute injection of political lyrics. Other than that, the song is pretty obviously about his children/daughter(s). But what other interpretation is there for the middle verse lyrics I referred to? Genuinely asking, not rhetorically.

Anyway, it's not a dealbreaker even if it was all about America, but it just left me unimpressed. Maybe it will suddenly start growing on me. Has happened before.
His daughters, Jordan specifically, are highly active politically. It's hardly a stretch to think the election shook them personally, and that is what the second verse addresses.

I like the rawness in his voice, it sounded more like the Elevation tour versions.

I thought the “I could sing it to you all night” bits sounded better than the studio version with strings and proper drums.

No, no. This is how it works:

Tim was a typo of 'time,' and can only replace U2 lyrics that use 'time.'

Ron was a typo of 'ton,' and can only replace U2 lyrics that use 'ton.'

Or, for lack of U2 lyrics featuring the word 'ton,' a joke about Bono eating a Ron of cake would also be acceptable.

Break-the-Rules-e1331912129855.png

Back
Top Bottom