Get On Your Boots single cover ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
How closely will GOYB artwork follow the albums?

goybna1.png

oh god, i remember the 90's, my time in Egypt, the hangovers...

we tried to sell the Pyramids to the Japanese through a firm provisionally titled "Global Village Realty LLC." but it didn't pan out. If they could have moved them to Tokyo, sure, and you know those bastards were willing to try. So the deal went south and we were reduced to sitting on our balcony drinking black market rum, Stella's Lager, and smoking turks while watching the worlds largest fireworks display over the top of the great pyramids.

I remember the camels smelled like shit, and their herdsmen wore boots. They spoke broken english, but our diplomat/tour guide was very well versed and would often tell us to "get on your boots" which mean we needed to hustle and find some more investors. Last thing i remember was walking around the base of the Sphinx with a maiden and some booze, where we passed out under a full moon with the cacaphony of the desert and the adjacent city of Cairo West. Next day i awoke on an airplane, a 747 headed back to civilization. I was wearing the same old clothes from the night before, with some sand in my shorts and the odd pair of boots.

gosh dang those half Japanese girls, they do it to me every time. :beer::cocktail:

Someone had posted some more Sugimoto photos so I used this one. Thanks to you 'thelaj' for the font! I used 911 Porsha font for the 'B' because the Chuba one is a square.

1z17m9w.jpg

Someone had posted some more Sugimoto photos so I used this one. Thanks to you 'thelaj' for the font! I used 911 Porsha font for the 'B' because the Chuba one is a square.

1z17m9w.jpg

I like the U=2 symbol in the bottom right of this image! Good stuff, well done!

oooooohhh......ha ha....I thought I was going mental....no worries.

The "U" and "2" on Samson seems heaps better. We only know that fonts for those two letters so far so I guess Chuba and/or Samson could be used until we know. I might just keep using Chuba then for text except I'll use Samson for U2.

So, I downloaded the chuba font. Now how do I introduce Word to it???? Thanks....

Just go to Start->Run, type 'Fonts' (obviously without the quotes), press enter, and copy the fonts you download into there. It will be on normal font listings then.

Back
Top Bottom