Get On Your Boots Radio Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Post your local stations email address in here and those that want to participate can send requests to as many of them as possible so we can hear the new track all over the world as much as possible....this was very successful with Vertigo and Beautiful Day....lets do it again!

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Great idea to resurrect this gameplan! I remember it working really, really well for 'Beautiful Day' and Vertigo. Also, I think we picked a few "target" radio stations that we'd all bombard with emails and phone calls. The thinking was that there was strength in numbers, and added strength in strategic, targeted request campaigns. Maybe L.A., NYC, and Chicago?

:up:

Mix 107.3 in DC said they'd "try to help me out" when I requested it, but I haven't heard them play it at all.

94.7 The Globe in DC, a classic + modern rock station, said that they don't even have GOYB on their playlist! Bastards. :tsk:

My wife and I had a bit of a toss up with our local 103.7 Peak FM here in Albuquerque. They debuted the song yesterday morning in their morning hack talk show. They said prior to playing the single even once:

"Ok - well here is something new - here is the new U2 song that nobody likes." They they preceeded to play it in 15 second increments, trying to accuse Bono of ripping off OMG and how they knew that even hard core U2 fans didn't like the direction the band was going.

We both emailed the station and told them we thought it was a bit quick to say no one like the song - since no one in Albuquerque had heard it on the radio yet. Also, as it had just been released anywhere in the world about 10 hours ago (and it was only 8AM locally) it was a bit of a stretch to categorize "hard core fans" reaction in the way they did. We invited them to send the single to us or return it to Universal Music, and continue to play OAR and Kelly Clarkson 14 times an hour.

They read our emails on the air, called us names, etc. and basically made asses of themselves and taunted us as "u2 freaks" for the rest of the hour. :doh:

Corporate radio is so out of touch it is unbelievable.

What about a Last.fm campaign? If Coldplay managed to get the most listens of all new releases in that year in half of 2008, imagine what U2's fan base could do with almost an entire year to go! :hyper: Scrobble away, people!

I was thinking about this yesterday. Let's seriously do something here. If this is their best work, let's get the word out. In the age of facebook, myspace, twitter, Digg, etc., we can do this!

Just a lil bit of advice that I have known to work.

When e-mailing stations don't come off as the diehard nuts U2 fans we are :D and be all "OMG PLAY THE NEW U2". If you come off as a casual "hey I liked the new u2 would love to hear it more" stations will be more friendly to play it.

Uh, I really doubt 107.3 would go near this track. I think your best bet is DC101.

Yeah, I agree. I gave 107.3 a call simply because they play U2 to death---every commercial break is "And when we come back, U2!" But yeah, with 'Satan' in the lyrics, I doubt they'll touch it. DC 101 is indeed probably the best bet.

My wife and I had a bit of a toss up with our local 103.7 Peak FM here in Albuquerque. They debuted the song yesterday morning in their morning hack talk show. They said prior to playing the single even once:

"Ok - well here is something new - here is the new U2 song that nobody likes." They they preceeded to play it in 15 second increments, trying to accuse Bono of ripping off OMG and how they knew that even hard core U2 fans didn't like the direction the band was going.

We both emailed the station and told them we thought it was a bit quick to say no one like the song - since no one in Albuquerque had heard it on the radio yet. Also, as it had just been released anywhere in the world about 10 hours ago (and it was only 8AM locally) it was a bit of a stretch to categorize "hard core fans" reaction in the way they did. We invited them to send the single to us or return it to Universal Music, and continue to play OAR and Kelly Clarkson 14 times an hour.

They read our emails on the air, called us names, etc. and basically made asses of themselves and taunted us as "u2 freaks" for the rest of the hour. :doh:

Corporate radio is so out of touch it is unbelievable.

That totally sucks. Turds. Just let it be fuel for the promotion fire . . .

Just a lil bit of advice that I have known to work.

When e-mailing stations don't come off as the diehard nuts U2 fans we are :D and be all "OMG PLAY THE NEW U2". If you come off as a casual "hey I liked the new u2 would love to hear it more" stations will be more friendly to play it.

This is wise.

I love wisdom. :drool:

From billboard.com :
U2's new single, "Get on Your Boots," scored massive audience numbers throughout Europe and the United Kingdom on its debut day of radio airplay yesterday (Jan. 19), according to Nielsen Music Control.

Arriving on the second day of the airplay-monitoring week, the new single shot straight to No. 1 on Ireland's airplay chart and No. 4 in the U.K., with total audiences of two million and 12.5 million respectively.

The song also fared well in Germany (78 million), Italy (11 million) and Austria (10 million), despite arriving near the end of the European monitoring week. Belgium and Holland showed a promising start with respective audiences of 3.5 and 2.6 million.

In the United States, "Boots" received 529 total spins, according to Nielsen BDS. KYSR-Los Angeles played it 24 times, while KENZ-Salt Lake City was second with 18.

"Get on Your Boots" was unveiled simultaneously around the world at 8:15 a.m. GMT yesterday. Originally U2 had announced the song would not be available digitally until Feb. 15, but it went live yesterday via Apple's iTunes Music Store in the United States.

The band's forthcoming album, "No Line on the Horizon" will be released March 2 through Mercury/Universal in the U.K. and the following day in North America through Interscope/Universal.
:up:

I think in the UK quite an impact will be felt with these 4 nationals - not sure if I have found the best pages

BBC - Radio 1 - Contact Us

Can't find Radio 2's contact page - anyone?

Xfm | Contact Us

Contact us - Absolute Radio

From what I can see the UK radio stations are loving the song and playing it extensively. The fact that U2 are high on the Radio 1 playlist (aimed mainly at the younger demographic) after all these years fills me with pride !!

I'm not sure why we need to start emailing them?

Help me get Boots to #1 on the top 10

They had bad initial response to Boots yesterday and there barely playing it in Winnipeg. They've only played it once since 4:00 am today. It was #10 on the top 10 at 10 help me get it to #1.

Power 97: Winnipeg's Best Rock

click on the powerdrive show. This worked with Discotheque & Vertigo we can do it again. Thanks to anyone that helps.

Does anyone know how to contact iTunes to get them to combine the 2 different "GOYBs" into one? It would really help publicity and downloads if it gets into the top ten...

They had bad initial response to Boots yesterday and there barely playing it in Winnipeg. They've only played it once since 4:00 am today. It was #10 on the top 10 at 10 help me get it to #1.

Power 97: Winnipeg's Best Rock

click on the powerdrive show. This worked with Discotheque & Vertigo we can do it again. Thanks to anyone that helps.

Does anyone know how to contact iTunes to get them to combine the 2 different "GOYBs" into one? It would really help publicity and downloads if it gets into the top ten...

Yeah I don't understand why there's two, its not like one is listed as being from NLOTH, they're both listed as Get On Your Boots - single :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom