Get On Your Boots Radio Campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw a NLOTH commercial on VH1, which I was watching to see if they'd play the GOYB video. It's about to premiere on the Top 20 Countdown. Looks like it will premiere pretty high in the countdown.

I saw the video three times this afternoon on different music channels, and that's just when I was zapping a bit while reading the newspaper. It was all within one hour. :ohmy:

I heard Boots last night, on an alternative rock station. First time, my husband heard the song and he liked it. Said it reminded him of Vertigo. He plays guitar and he thought the chords, riffs baseline or whatever were similar.

GOYB On Your Local Radio

Thats funny.I havent heard Get On Your Boots on my local radio stations yet.It would be on 97.3 or 105.3 usually.I live in the SF Bay Area.Anyone else who lives here want to give me some feedback to see if you have heard the song yet on the radio.

Me neither. Radio sucks here. It's either Classic Rock where they will play old U2 hits, sure, but not new ones, New rock with all the rubbish like Bizkit and Disturbed and Fall Out Boy (barf), and hiphorap.

KGSR, which is closest to being a triple-A format station, usually plays Boots 2-4 times per day, plus occasional other U2 stuff, with some songs that you would not expect sprinkled in simi-regularly (IWF, OTH, Real Thing, and, yes, Red Hill Mining Town along with the usual U2 staples). KLBJ, a standard rock station, plays Boots a little less (maybe 2-3 times per day on average) plus maybe 2-3 U2 staples per day (specifically, I see Mysterious Ways on their playlist a lot). They're the only stations in Austin that play Boots, to the best of my knowledge. Bob FM, one of those computer-generated greatest hits stations, plays a decent bit of U2, but I don't see Boots anywhere on its listings.

Thats funny.I havent heard Get On Your Boots on my local radio stations yet.It would be on 97.3 or 105.3 usually.I live in the SF Bay Area.Anyone else who lives here want to give me some feedback to see if you have heard the song yet on the radio.

I live near you and get the same stations. Try 104.9 too, they play it I think more than 105.3.

My kindergarten son said, "Daddy! They played your Bono song on the radio in gym today."

So at least one gym class of 5- to 6-year-olds has heard it.

My kindergarten son said, "Daddy! They played your Bono song on the radio in gym today."

So at least one gym class of 5- to 6-year-olds has heard it.

Haha that's awesome!

I was visiting my (not quite yet) 3 year old nephew today and I was talking to him about the 'new song' which I had played for him a few days ago, and he turned to my mom and said "That's U2!". :applaud:

When my son Adam (6) first heard Boots, he wasn't down with it. Well, that simply changed when he saw the first 4 minutes of the Grammys. Now he has it on his shuffle and he demands it in the car where ever we go. The inside of me just screams "YESSS!!!" when he tells me to play it. The daughter (8) loved it from the get go and even more when I told her what it was about. Now she tells her bother that she's going to rule the world someday because boys can't run the world properly. He just looks at her sort of perplexed, not knowing what she's on about. :lol:

Well so much for Get On Your Boots...but I just heard MAGNIFICENT on the radio here in Salt Lake City...X96 just played it

What a damn good song...shoulda been the first single

Back
Top Bottom