Get On Your Boots (Punk Version)? - Confirmed: 2 Bonus Tracks on NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 supposedly recorded 50 to 60 songs last year, and the best they can offer for bonus tracks are remixes? :down:

I'm feeling nostalgic to the good old days when U2 offered up great b-sides to compliment the singles from the album. What happened to those days?

NLOTH 2 isn't a remix though, it's a different take with different instruments etc.

What a disgusting cash in. Way to respect U2 fans, U2. To all those who say that's the way business is. The Cure's Robert Smith avoided it and fought for fans when the record company tried to rip us off because he actually adheres to his ideals and cares about us!

What a disgusting cash in. Way to respect U2 fans, U2. To all those who say that's the way business is. The Cure's Robert Smith avoided it and fought for fans when the record company tried to rip us off because he actually adheres to his ideals and cares about us!

Are you the robin hood of the u2 fan?

The tracks are "No Line On The Horizon 2" (alternate take) and "GOYB" (Punk Version)

Still excited?

yes this is the song and i'm not excited....remember ground benefth and fast cars...and now just alternate verion? They have writting 50 songs during the sessions and we have just B version.

How can it be a rip off if you know in advance what you are getting? There is no deception here hence no rip-off. If you choose to see it as greedy so be it but rip-off is something totally different. Some people see it as the band offering choices. That seems to be how the band sees it as well. There is an extremely small percentage of people out there who seem compelled to buy everything but no one forces you to do so. You have a clear and straightforward choice with all the information necessary to make a decision.

Dana

That's kinda bullshit... I mean, NLOTH 2 is already on the GOYB single, so that's hardly an iTunes Exclusive. I'm intrigued to hear the GOYB mix, but come on, they couldn't give us Every Breaking Wave or something? seriously? Unless they're saving it for another single (maybe) or they're putting out another album or EP soon (extremely unlikely), that's pretty lame. If they really had so many songs for the sessions I don't see why they can't give us some, even if they're unfinished or not up to par with album tracks...isn't that the point of b-sides?

Whatever, once I have the album I won't really care, but for now I'm just mad I don't have the leak and therefore hate U2 and every decision they make :wink:

The 60 songs thing has been so abused. Remember that they had 100 for ATYCLB. That should have let you know what to expect.

well, it's very stupid to pay for it.

If I buy a boxset for lots of $$ and there is an exclusive extra song on iTunes if you preorder there, whazt I am going to do of course is turn on limewire and rip it. Easy as that

How can it be a rip off if you know in advance what you are getting? There is no deception here hence no rip-off. If you choose to see it as greedy so be it but rip-off is something totally different. Some people see it as the band offering choices. That seems to be how the band sees it as well. There is an extremely small percentage of people out there who seem compelled to buy everything but no one forces you to do so. You have a clear and straightforward choice with all the information necessary to make a decision.

Dana
It's obviously a matter of degree, right, but U2 and itunes and Interscope know that certain fans will want this stuff, and it's unfair to make people buy a whole new album to get it. What about putting this stuff as b-sides? Isn't that more fair. Also, I suspect many more people would be up in arms if they didn't know they could download this stuff illegally or have it emailed to them.

It's a cash grab and it's unfair to ask so much money. Whether people pay for it or not is not the issue. Any product could have its price raised but does that make it fair if there's already plenty of profit to be gleaned? I would argue no. U2 could charge $100 dollars for the new album (regular version) and people would still buy it but that wouldn't make it any less greedy and corrupt.

It's obviously a matter of degree, right, but U2 and itunes and Interscope know that certain fans will want this stuff, and it's unfair to make people buy a whole new album to get it. What about putting this stuff as b-sides? Isn't that more fair. Also, I suspect many more people would be up in arms if they didn't know they could download this stuff illegally or have it emailed to them.

It's a cash grab and it's unfair to ask so much money. Whether people pay for it or not is not the issue. Any product could have its price raised but does that make it fair if there's already plenty of profit to be gleaned? I would argue no. U2 could charge $100 dollars for the new album (regular version) and people would still buy it but that wouldn't make it any less greedy and corrupt.

:| it is released as b-sides to GOYB,
you sure like to talk alot even without knowing all the facts :doh:
:wink:

i wonder if i can sue U2 for ripping me off even though they didn't promise me 5 b-sides and never collected money for them.

I just got one of those customized banner ads in my gmail account, saying "U2 - New Album - apple.com/U2 - Pre-order "No Line On The Horizon" and get 2 bonus tracks here!"

So I went and checked it out, and it's confirmed: $17.99 for the "Deluxe" edition on iTunes, which has 2 bonus tracks :)drool:) -- and apparently you have to pre-order NLOTH in order to get one of the bonus tracks. No names are provided yet for the 2 extra songs.

No wonder Bono said the album's long! :wink:

That has been on iTunes since GOYB was released, nothing new.

Most of the songs on In Rainbows 2 were relatively substandard but were released anyway on a separate CD. U2 couldn't even muster 2 original songs on the deluxe?

What ever happened to the "great twist or surprising ending" on the album that Dave Fanning talked about a couple of weeks back? Was he listening to the UK cd version that had a bonus track on it? Has this been confirmed or anything yet?

Most of the songs on In Rainbows 2 were relatively substandard but were released anyway on a separate CD. U2 couldn't even muster 2 original songs on the deluxe?

i think it's pathetic that you keep bringing up Radiohead's weakest album of this decade as reason for us all to hate the new U2.

Do you actually *like* anything U2-related? We get it, you like Radiohead, but seriously, what's your point of hanging around on Interference?

What ever happened to the "great twist or surprising ending" on the album that Dave Fanning talked about a couple of weeks back? Was he listening to the UK cd version that had a bonus track on it? Has this been confirmed or anything yet?

I have been wondering about that one as well. He might have heard the version with NLOTH 2 as bonus track.

what about those songs from the sessions with rick rubin? certainly some of those could have been used as bonus tracks. the band must have something that's pretty much finished and could release. hell....just put out mercy in a proper form. there... i said it. knowing u2....there is a low chance of them putting out a new album in the next two years.

i think it's pathetic that you keep bringing up Radiohead's weakest album of this decade as reason for us all to hate the new U2.

I wouldve brought up Kid A if that actually had a second disc.

Oh wait, it did. Amnesiac. Care to wager on U2 releasing a new CD next year?

Back
Top Bottom