General GOYB song/video thread discussion Part 2 (Video now on iTunes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Thought the Interference folks might get a kick outta this. This is our first ever stab at GOYB from back on January 24th, live at Dan's in Walnut Creek. Little rough around the edges but maybe it'll occupy some time before the official video comes out and they play it at the Grammy's live next week...

We promise no Rick-Rolling this time! Really!!!

YouTube - Get On Your Boots by Zoo Station (U2 Tribute)

And everyone's favorite U2 blogger these days, Alan Cross, was kind enough to give us a shout out on his Music Geek Blog this morning.

Hate tribute bands. The guy on vocals doesnt seem strong enough imo.

Great job, especially for not having a whole lot of time to perfect the song. :up:

Great job, especially for not having a whole lot of time to perfect the song. :up:

Thanks. Absolute terror on stage behind the smiles! The first time out is always a little dodgy, but I think we got the point across. And keep your eyes peeled for a cameo from Interference regular Justin24 in the front row.

Anyone else think it's F'ing ridiculous that they still haven't gotten the video out, or at least announced a new date for it? Is it so caught up in legal entanglements that they don't know? Then put out the animated version already.

I've not been impressed with the album roll out so far. Confusion about when the single would be available for download, video delayed, no website update, etc...

I too am wondering what is going on with the official release of the video. Would be smart to have it up and ready by Grammy time. This weekend.

Its shambolic. The delay in the video will seriously damage the chart push.

Anyone else think it's F'ing ridiculous that they still haven't gotten the video out, or at least announced a new date for it? Is it so caught up in legal entanglements that they don't know? Then put out the animated version already.

I've not been impressed with the album roll out so far. Confusion about when the single would be available for download, video delayed, no website update, etc...

Video is going to take a while. That was just a rough cut. Even though it *looked* nearly finished theres still a lot of steps in the process that they probably have to do to polish it up (finish up animating still images, polish up the rotoscoping, color grading, fix a couple of spots where the background doesn't move smoothly with the band members, finalize which shots they want to use, etc).

Well i assume they are working 24/7 to get the video done. It would be a disappointment if they won't get the video out this week.

Video is going to take a while. That was just a rough cut. Even though it *looked* nearly finished theres still a lot of steps in the process that they probably have to do to polish it up (finish up animating still images, polish up the rotoscoping, color grading, fix a couple of spots where the background doesn't move smoothly with the band members, finalize which shots they want to use, etc).

We don't know that the leak was the most recent workprint. If they really had that much work left to do on it, why did they wait until the 11th hour to announce the delay? For that matter, why did they even schedule a premier if they were really that far behind schedule?

And they didn't know all this was pending when it was announced it would premiere on that newspaper's website last Friday?

I liked both covers...but I hope the video comes out soon and I hope they dont change it for the worse :)

Thought the Interference folks might get a kick outta this. This is our first ever stab at GOYB from back on January 24th, live at Dan's in Walnut Creek. Little rough around the edges but maybe it'll occupy some time before the official video comes out and they play it at the Grammy's live next week...

We promise no Rick-Rolling this time! Really!!!

YouTube - Get On Your Boots by Zoo Station (U2 Tribute)

And everyone's favorite U2 blogger these days, Alan Cross, was kind enough to give us a shout out on his Music Geek Blog this morning.

nice! very nice! i've been playing the guitar part ever since i heard the beach clip. it's how i warm every time i play, lol! :wink:

Thats a fantastic cover. I like it much better than the other one on the page.

This sounds kind of weird, but I have to say that the more and more I listen to these covers of GOYB the more I'm falling in love with the song. All of this talk about how difficult it'll be to reproduce the song live is bullshit. If a bunch of amateur rockers can make the song sound pretty damn good...then the real band is going to blow this shit into the stratosphere. Definitely a song that will blow the roof off of the joint live. :up::up::up:

Thats a fantastic cover. I like it much better than the other one on the page.

This sounds kind of weird, but I have to say that the more and more I listen to these covers of GOYB the more I'm falling in love with the song. All of this talk about how difficult it'll be to reproduce the song live is bullshit. If a bunch of amateur rockers can make the song sound pretty damn good...then the real band is going to blow this shit into the stratosphere. Definitely a song that will blow the roof off of the joint live. :up::up::up:

not to play favorites or try to compare, but just remember that both versions were recorded in completely different settings with completely different audio equipment.

not to play favorites or try to compare, but just remember that both versions were recorded in completely different settings with completely different audio equipment.

Yeah, I know...but I still liked the studio version better. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a U2 cover with a Brazilian accent. :wink:

I still think the song will kick ass live. no question about it.

Hey man, GREAT job. As someone who sings lead for a cover band (we cover lots of different rock bands), I have a lot of respect for how quickly you pulled off a very solid cover of GOYB.

Nice work!

Mad props to the drummer in U2 Undercover. Very clever use of a second snare drum in the right rack tom position. Also respect to their superior audio quality. Our intent was to record from the soundboard and sync it up the video later, but the recording didn't work out so we just took used the footage as it was shot.

Hate tribute bands. The guy on vocals doesnt seem strong enough imo.

Don't have a problem with them as long as they MAKE THEIR OWN SONGS.

Sometimes I want to play U2 songs but if I had a band I'd rather use U2 as an inspiration and create my own masterpieces.

Don't have a problem with them as long as they MAKE THEIR OWN SONGS.

Sometimes I want to play U2 songs but if I had a band I'd rather use U2 as an inspiration and create my own masterpieces.

I have a question. If they are a tribute band how can you say they need to make their own songs. The whole point of a tribute band is to cover the act they are a tribute to not to write their own songs.
:huh:

Dana

Mad props to the drummer in U2 Undercover. Very clever use of a second snare drum in the right rack tom position. Also respect to their superior audio quality. Our intent was to record from the soundboard and sync it up the video later, but the recording didn't work out so we just took used the footage as it was shot.

Also to the bass player for being able to coordinate the bassline and singing and not miss a beat. It's not nearly as easy as it looks. Great job by both bands.

Also to the bass player for being able to coordinate the bassline and singing and not miss a beat. It's not nearly as easy as it looks. Great job by both bands.

Yea, I figured out the bassline of Boots yesterday evening, and I had a hard time keeping the beat with the high tempo and Adam's quirky little way of playing. He seems to pause a tiny bit after the first two notes on several moments.. he's an odd guy, making such a seemingly easy thing pretty tough to master!

Yea, I figured out the bassline of Boots yesterday evening, and I had a hard time keeping the beat with the high tempo and Adam's quirky little way of playing. He seems to pause a tiny bit after the first two notes on several moments.. he's an odd guy, making such a seemingly easy thing pretty tough to master!

Which is why many people seem to criticize him, which totally kills me when they do. There's nothing wrong with keeping things simple and direct.

Back
Top Bottom