General GOYB song/video thread discussion Part 2 (Video now on iTunes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was trying to rip it in real player but not having any luck. Maybe I just dont know how. :lol:

My fave bit is Bono during the "It's someones stuff they're blowing up..we're into growing up" line. I just like the way he's croutching and his hand movement!:reject:
I actually hate that bit. It's one of those terrible state moves Bono does that just make him look like an idiot :|

Also I think the adding of more legs on that one part toned it down, making it seem more alien than sexual?
:( more sexual was better.

What utter shit sound. :crack:

I do like the new vid, it seems much more crisp and clear than the new one!
Yeah, the sound is terrible :down:

The video much clearer in parts but also less bright throughout.

I wanna see this in high quality on my TV. We have MTV, MTV2, VH1 and Fuse, but I haven't watched any of those channels in years. Anyone familiar know which show/time they might be more likely to play it? I mean, during a part where there's actual videos, obviously. 85% of their programming is reality shows now :|

I think I like this version slightly more. I can't notice any huge differences, but the extra pair of legs added near the end of the video, as bonocomet said, makes it look more alien than sexual, and fits with the rest of the video.

Other than Bono's karate chop, and U2 making volcanoes explode with the power of altruistic rock n' roll, it's a good video.

I like it. It's a great video for the perfect lead single. Hopefully, they'll tear it up at the Grammys and it will sell well on iTunes. The video and the single. (if they put the video up there before the show.)

does it remind anyone else of The Incredible Hulk?

BONO GET MAD, SMASH BRICK!

roflbotir91gr5.jpg

Guys--I wasn't talking about the audio, obviously. Of course, they used the audio from the single/album version. He mouths the wrong word.

I saw your comment last week on this...I agree with you.

The audio is BLOWING/GROWING. The lipsynch is BLOWING/BLOWING.

Thanks for mentioning this--I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who saw it. I actually thought it was so obvious that I didn't even need to explain it better.

It's not really a big deal, but it's a pretty stupid thing not to fix.

Some small adjustments in this video compared to the bootleg. The multiple set of legs is a bit silly and I like that part in the bootleg video more but it still kicks ass. By the way, just saw Eddie Vedder sing Where the Streets have no name in a karaokebar on Youtube. Pretty sweet.

What would get them attention is if they put the video on screens behind the band as they are playing at the Grammys......now that would garner them some attention!!!

Back
Top Bottom