General GOYB song/video thread discussion Part 2 (Video now on iTunes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, I figured out the bassline of Boots yesterday evening, and I had a hard time keeping the beat with the high tempo and Adam's quirky little way of playing. He seems to pause a tiny bit after the first two notes on several moments.. he's an odd guy, making such a seemingly easy thing pretty tough to master!

I remember reading somewhere that Larry and Adam tend to play around the beat rather than on the beat. Do you find that to be the case?

Dana

GOYB - is finally what Bono said about the songs off of HTDAAB (2004)

GOYB is "punk rock made on Venus"

well, as close to what U2 came come to that.

PS, with respect to cover bands doing GOYB, that is very brave to do it before it' s released and even braver to do it in front of a crowd.

Kudos, gents !

:lol:

Funny review. Yeah, this guy must be on Interference.

Unfortunately, trying to get U2 fans to agree on what is "good U2" versus "bad U2" is a bit like working out a peace plan between the Israeli government and the PLO. When it comes to discussing Ireland's biggest selling band, tempers flare, emotions take over, and people can get downright nasty.....

Now if you passionate and opinionated U2 fans will excuse me, I need to move to safer ground and resume peace talks with Hamas leaders in the Gaza Strip.

Pretty good job on both, although I personally think the drummers need to add a lot more noise into the mix.

one week since unrealized premiere of GOYB video we still didnt get the final version, and whats more even dont have any clue about when we would!:mad:

Seriously, how unprofessional to set a date and miss it by more than a week. Sad.

GOYB - is finally what Bono said about the songs off of HTDAAB (2004)

GOYB is "punk rock made on Venus"

well, as close to what U2 came come to that.

Funny, isn't it? I've often wondered if Bono was just completely full of shit with that statement or if what they were working on at that point sounded really different than what ended up on the album. Maybe a bit of both.

Guys I read in the paper today that U2's spokesperson confirmed that the video is now complete and ready for release

Sorry if this has been posted

I haven't really listened to Boots for a while, maybe for a week even. :| I still like it though.

I asked before - but the chiming guitar segment of the song is different on the video to my mp3 copy.

I think it's better on the video - are there two mixes of GOYB?

Back
Top Bottom