Further proof that "Window in the Skies" is 400?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2freakboy

War Child
Yes, I know I posted something similar about 404, but it sure does sound like Bono may be saying "Window (or Windows) in the Skies" at about the 19 second mark in 400. It also seems to rhyme perfectly with other words right around it. Do any of you hear it?

The article also mentioned strings, along with the piano. This song obviously has both of those. I think 400 must be it. Unless U2 has spent the past few months mass producing songs with piano and strings, it seems very likely that 400 is "Window."

The_Edge89 said:
I hear either:
he gives/leaves it to his son
or
he gives/leaves it to the sky

I can't hear "window in" though...but that's just me.

I agree. "Window" is the word I'm having a lot of trouble hearing in there.

"Window" is definitely the word that's toughest to hear. Whatever he's saying there it definitely sounds like a two syllable word. After that "in the skies" sounds somewhat clear to me. It rhymes with whatever he says after it ... which sort of sounds like something "passing by."

Love hears when I lie
Love is the window in the skies
Love will come again
I'll be gone again
Again

rijh said:
Love hears when I lie
Love is the window in the skies
Love will come again
I'll be gone again
Again
LOL.

Let's figure out all the b-sides that we can fit the line, "window in the skies" into!

What I find somewhat funny (and I mean this in an endearing way, of course ;) ), is why so many people want this to be 'Mercy' and not a song they have never heard before. We already have 'Mercy'!

Back
Top Bottom