For you Love Clip - Lyric/Melody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
so u guys thing that clip that people thought was For Your Love was scraped. I think it was a version of NLOTH u can clearly hear bono belting NOOOOOO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE I'm comming to the surface for your love. - anyway I am disapointed the lyric and melody are apparently gone I loved it and I hadnt heard Bono sing with that passion in a long time - do u guys have any ideas/thoughts/comments about what happened to this vocal/melody/lyric or if it will appear on the album or posibly a later album

For Your Love, one of the following:

a. it's on the album,and you havent heard it yet
b. it's one of the extra songs we get with Linear
c. it's gone forever
d. it's morphed into SUC
e. it'll show up in the future
f. it's morphed into SUC
g. it's morphed into SUC

I'd say d, f & g are most likely

so u guys thing that clip that people thought was For Your Love was scraped. I think it was a version of NLOTH u can clearly hear bono belting NOOOOOO LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE I'm comming to the surface for your love. - anyway I am disapointed the lyric and melody are apparently gone I loved it and I hadnt heard Bono sing with that passion in a long time - do u guys have any ideas/thoughts/comments about what happened to this vocal/melody/lyric or if it will appear on the album or posibly a later album

I hope not. I really liked that melody as well, from what could be heard of it.

FWIW, the very first clip we got from HQ, the one before the "surface of your love" one, the one that sounded like two different songs, is the vocals for NLOTH.

For Your Love, one of the following:

a. it's on the album,and you havent heard it yet
b. it's one of the extra songs we get with Linear
c. it's gone forever
d. it's morphed into SUC
e. it'll show up in the future
f. it's morphed into SUC
g. it's morphed into SUC

I'd say d, f & g are most likely

H. It's actually a heavily-reworked version of Mercy.

:wink:

:bump:

All this talk about the anniversary of the Universal Australia leak made me go back to the material we got in the sessions leading up to this album.
--> http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larrystuff.swf

Judging from DOL13's friend's leak of "For Your Love" from May 18th 2008 it seems like this song had more joy and intensity than what for me became a rather bland track where U2 just tried too hard to sound like something they are not, other rockbands.

I mean listen to Bono's vocals! :drool: Just throw in Dallas' siren sound invention for the break and this would've been so cool!
Also, I made an attempt at figuring out the lyrics for this song through all the car engine noises.

For Your Love - Leak outside of Hanover Quay Studios May 17th 2008

Love! Love! Love!

...inaudible... Meet me ...inaudible...
Stop it you, do not forget our light
You're alive...
You're alive
Now I am coming to the surface for your love

Love! Love! Love!
Love! Love! Love!

Oh why
To have you here
Make me dream
No we won't make it home
Crawl and say, you're running as you close your eyes
Not to stay from me
I'm awake and you're alive
I am coming to the surface for your love

Love! Love! Love!
Love! Love! Love!

[String section interlude - possibly slide solo from Edge?]
[inaudible voices, car noise]

I'm coming to the surface for your love
Coming to the surface for your love (Love! Love! Love!)

:bump:

All this talk about the anniversary of the Universal Australia leak made me go back to the material we got in the sessions leading up to this album.
--> http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larrystuff.swf

Judging from DOL13's friend's leak of "For Your Love" from May 18th 2008 it seems like this song had more joy and intensity than what for me became a rather bland track where U2 just tried too hard to sound like something they are not, other rockbands.

I mean listen to Bono's vocals! :drool: Just throw in Dallas' siren sound invention for the break and this would've been so cool!
Also, I made an attempt at figuring out the lyrics for this song through all the car engine noises.

Kind of sounds like what we now know as "Stand Up Comedy"

God I hope this wasn't turned into Stand Up Comedy. To fuck up a track that did have potential so brutally... Despite the godawful sound quality you can quite clearly hear that main riff which is pretty great.

I think For Your Love has pretty clearly turned into SUC. The riff's in there, as well as the lyric "stand up for your love" being the basis of the song.

I don't mind so much that they messed up the song and made it worse, but I wish they would at least release these alternate versions.

if that clip is not stand up comedy - that is terribel because this was one of my favorite clips and suc is the worst song u2 has made in 10 years - even though that clip is terrible quality bonos vocals sound amazing

if that clip is not stand up comedy - that is terribel because this was one of my favorite clips and suc is the worst song u2 has made in 10 years - even though that clip is terrible quality bonos vocals sound amazing

lol worst song in ten years,anybody heard grace!

Yeah I'd love to have that particular alternate version, like all the different versions that popped up from Bomb.

Here, my dear friend :)

mugrootbeer.jpg

I remember hearing this track. I hope it wasn't turned into another track. This riff and bass sound is out of this world. They need to revisit.

Back
Top Bottom