FEZ-Being Born appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My early favourite. Being Born (what I'm calling the "second half", after the intro) might be the modern day bastard child of Exit and One Minute Warning.

The "rapper" sounds remarkably like a Moroccan market trader to me. I think that Eno might have been out with his dictaphone to capture that sample.

It's infectious, every time I think about the song it makes me want to cry....in a good way :drool:

That buzzing sounds like I'm in a barber chair or something at 2:55-3:00

Shave and a haircut... two bits!

Tripoli is the song Bono is singing with a guitar in the video you see of U2 recording in Morroco supposedly. So no it isn't that odd of a statement.

I was thinking this one may be high on innovation but low on substance--the last verse section definitely put that prediction away for good. Great tune.

Im very curious to know if this song is on the album, the guitar riff is 2:25 to 3:35 in this clip(time on youtube player not the player in the movie):

YouTube - U2 work for the new album in Fez by U2Place.com
[/quote]

NO, unfortunately it is not. What a HUGE waste to not include that. I'm really surprised, I mean they must have loved that if they wanted us to see that clip as a tease for the album, so why then, not include whatever song that is on the final album? CRAZY. But then again, I always thought it was a mistake not to include "Fast Cars" on HTDAAB (I mean, the title of the friggin album is even in that song and it only became a bonus track, wtf? LOL) so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I love Being Born: please vote for it in the other thread. I was the first one who did...

Being Born is great. A+ Fez is confusing and ridiculous. but whatever, if it takes Fez to Be Born, then Fez it is.

This song surprised me the most. I really, really enjoy this song. It just has this bittersweet sound to it, and the lyrics are phenomenal.

Like others have said, I'm surprised this is on the album, but it's that much better for it.

I hear THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE... in fact this whole album reminds me of other things that they've done and other bands... but that happens to me often.. Beautiful Day sounded like one of their earlier songs, but now I'm so used to it, I can't remember what it was...

Could agree more .. hearing the song for the 2nd time now ...
It still sound weird too ... :)

My early favourite. Being Born (what I'm calling the "second half", after the intro) might be the modern day bastard child of Exit and One Minute Warning.

I'm glad someone else thought of One Minute Warning!!

It was the song I was most excited to hear, and at first I wasn't totally blown away at first, but like the rest of the album it has been growing on me with each listen

Back
Top Bottom