Favourite and Least Favourite Track Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugo

Acrobat
1. No Line On The Horizon
2. Magnificent
3. Moment of Surrender
4. Unknown Caller
5. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
6. Get On Your Boots
7. Stand Up Comedy
8. Fez – Being Born
9. White As Snow
10. Breathe
11. Cedars Of Lebanon

My Favourite: Cedars of Lebanon
Least Favourite: I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (IGCIIDGCT) - What does that even mean??

Also, how would you compare these track names to those on previous albums? Personally I think this is the best since ATYCLB

I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight and White as Snow
fail_boat.jpg

^Only for the title LOLO

I bet it's gunna b this albums TTTYAATW

Favorite: Cedars Of Lebanon
Least Favorite: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Honorable Mention (Least Favorite): Fez - Being Born

Favourite: Cedars Of Lebanon
Least Favourite: It's predictable... :wink:

Favorite: Sexy Boots (R.I.P. :sad: )
Least Favorite: I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight

Get on Your Boots, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight and White as Snow are just embarassing. Making no judgements on the songs themselves, but the titles aren't interesting, or outlandish, or challenging, they just suck, I don't care how good the songs are. These titles are iredeemable. Unlike The Fly and Discotheque (if we're talking strange, potential shit titles on their own), these are cliched and awkward.

I really like Stand Up Comedy. I think its sounds interesting and vaguely sinister. Fez - Being Born also sounds interesting. Magnificent and Moment of Surrender sound epic.

There is a strange clash of epic titles that suggest poetry and beauty and 3 minute Edge solos and soaring lyrics, and lowest common denominator, boring, awkward "gen y" titles. ... It will be really interesting to see how this album fits together as a whole.

Seriously....how the fuck do you name a song "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"

...even worse, how the fuck do you EXTEND "Crazy Tonight" ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

It looks like I'm the only one who thinks "Stand Up Comedy" is a totally shit title.

I don't know why I hate it...but for some reason I do. It reminds me of some corny 30 minute stand up comedian on Comedy Central. I guess I just don't get the supposed "irony" that everyone is talking about. I thought the title "Stand Up" was perfect. In fact it was one of the titles that struck me as being powerful and fitting for a typical U2 politically infused song.

I'll come around eventually...but for now I just don't like it one bit.

It looks like I'm the only one who thinks "Stand Up Comedy" is a totally shit title.

I don't know why I hate it...but for some reason I do. It reminds me of some corny 30 minute stand up comedian on Comedy Central. I guess I just don't get the supposed "irony" that everyone is talking about. I thought the title "Stand Up" was perfect. In fact it was one of the titles that struck me as being powerful and fitting for a typical U2 politically infused song.

I hated it at first, but then it I though it was totally badass, hey, they're taking risks with names. They'll pull it off. :wink:

I hated it at first, but then it I though it was totally badass, hey, they're taking risks with names. They'll pull it off. :wink:

Well...In all fairness I thought the album cover was shit when it first came out but I've done a complete 180 on it. I love it. Maybe that will happen with some of these titles...who knows? It happened with Yahweh. I thought that title was shit...but now I'm used to it and accept it for what it is; a pretty decent song...pretty decent title.

I actually think "Stand Up" would be a little lame...like you're typical, cliche rebel song by the looks of it...so I'm sorta glad they added "comedy"

Favorites:
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
No Line On The Horizon

Least Favorites:
Stand Up Comedy
Fez – Being Born

I like Stand Up Comedy because it takes them away from their "We are so earnest" stereotype that they had in the 80s, deconstructed in the 90s, and rebuilt stronger than ever this decade. Plus, the description of the song makes it clear that we aren't getting anything cringe-worthy (at least in terms of music/sound). There must be other examples of badass songs out there that have silly-sounding titles as intentional irony/misdirection (although I can't think of any). But I can't defend I'll Go Crazy...blah blah blah as a title. Did anyone confirm these lyrics from beach clip 5? I thought someone said that they heard that line in there...

No Line On The Horizon.....intriguing and evocative 9/10

Magnificent.....cheesy 3/10

Moment Of Surrender.....even cheesier if it weren't so blatantly U2-ish 4/10

Unknown Caller.....no real reaction here, meh 4/10

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight.....like it, very Achtung Baby-ish 8/10

Get On Your Boots.....odd and awkward, yet distinct 5/10

Stand Up Comedy.....decent title becomes even better for the simple fact that it isn't called 'Stand Up' (PHEWWWWWW!!) 5/10

Fez - Being Born.....'Fez' is too literal, but 'Being Born' is very 90's alternative 7/10

White As Snow.....teetering on the brink of cheese as I like 'Winter' much better, but for some reason I think this title has potential 6/10

Breathe.....cliche but always a solid choice 6/10

Cedars Of Lebanon.....powerful title in its originality, spirituality, and politics 8/10

My favorite SONG TITLE is: Fez - Being Born
Least favorite is: White as Snow

P.S:

This is the first time since, The Unforgettable Fire, that the album title is the same of a song title.

Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
POP
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

My favorite SONG TITLE is: Fez - Being Born
Least favorite is: White as Snow

P.S:

This is the first time since, The Unforgettable Fire, that the album title is the same of a song title.

Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
POP
ATYCLB
HTDAAB

Zooropa has the song of the same title on it. :huh:

Favorite: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Least Fav: Breathe

Back
Top Bottom