Favourite and Least Favourite Track Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favorites:

Cedars of Lebanon
Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
Stand Up Comedy

Crap:

White As Snow
Breathe

Thinking about White As Snow...at first it sucked, but it's so like i dunno Disney fairytaleish and whatever, if it ends up being a sinister, dark song i think that title will rule, cuz it's so misleading, like an innocent angel being a facade for a demon or devil.

and yes...I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight better be the best song they've ever written, and even then i don't think i'll ever be able to get used to that title. They should've stuck with Crazy Tonight.

Least Favourites: ALL OF THEM

just kidding :D

i like cedars of lebanon, unknown caller, moment of surrrender, get on your boots, & no line on the horizon!

Favorites: No Line On The Horizon, Cedars of Lebanon
Least: Crazy Tonight, Fez-Being Born, Stand Up Comedy

Not to be repetitive, but I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight is a title that makes me cringe a little. Maybe it'll be a great song, but I'll probably never like that title.

I'm actually surprised by the number of names in the new tracklist that I don't particularly like. Good thing the name of a song doesn't have anything to do with whether it is good or not, unless the title is a line in the song which is egregiously bad. Even I'll Go Crazy... as a repeated chorus could work if the melody is great.

I do like titles such as No Line On the Horizon, Moment of Surrender and Cedars of Lebanon, though. And others may turn out to be just fine when the context of the lyrics become evident.

Favorites: I'll Go Crazy If I don't Go Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender
White as Snow

Least Favorite: Fez- Being Born

I like I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy tonight just because the reactions to it have already proved priceless :bonodrum:

My favorites are NLOTH and Fez - Being Born, and my least favorite is IGCIIDGCT. I'm pretty excited by the titles anyway, though.

Without knowing the lyrics...

Best: Cedars of Lebanon
Worst: I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight

and yes...I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight better be the best song they've ever written, and even then i don't think i'll ever be able to get used to that title. They should've stuck with Crazy Tonight.

Man, this tune better be great, or at least good, otherwise they are going to get eaten alive on this board for it......

*waits*

I like the titles:

Fez - Being Born
Stand Up Comedy

and of course No Line on the Horizon

The last few albums have at least one song with a long title. This time it's IGCIIDGCT.

Least favorite: I'll Go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight - Just sounds goofy to me

Favorite - White as Snow - Reminds me of what a Cure song title might/could be. It's apparently an ballad and I think Pictures of You by the Cure(which I love) when I hear it so I like this song title.

I don't know why they changed Crazy Tonight into such a freaking long title that no one here or everywhere will ever be able to remember, the acronym alone is quite clumsy, and I don't like the look of it on the tracklist. So, that's the worst title up there. I hope they at least put some brackets in there.

All the other titles are fine, Breathe and Cedars are probably my favourite ones. I loved Every Breaking Waves and it's said to see it not being on the album. White as snow is also a nice title and I think Stand up Comedy is better than just Stand Up.

Worst :Blabla Crazy blabla
Fav : Cedars of Lebanon

CoL is actually my fav u2 song title.

just wondering.

The new length of the title for Crazy Tonight begs the question....what is the longest U2 song title????

My guess is: Treasure (What happened to Pete the chop)

I like Stand Up Comedy because it takes them away from their "We are so earnest" stereotype that they had in the 80s, deconstructed in the 90s, and rebuilt stronger than ever this decade. Plus, the description of the song makes it clear that we aren't getting anything cringe-worthy (at least in terms of music/sound). There must be other examples of badass songs out there that have silly-sounding titles as intentional irony/misdirection (although I can't think of any). But I can't defend I'll Go Crazy...blah blah blah as a title. Did anyone confirm these lyrics from beach clip 5? I thought someone said that they heard that line in there...

"I got gasoline
you got submarine
I don't wanna talk about war between nations"

"Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas."

"reboot yourself, you're set to go" (from a song about a cell phone that goes crazy and starts randomly texting its owner)

"I know I'll go crazy/If I don't go crazy tonight,"

"Only love can leave such a mark,"

I''ll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight/Stand up comedy and lest we forget Sexy Boots, as song titles.

Less cringe worthy ? :hmm:

Crazy tonight is a cheesy title, but it's a pop song. Stand up comedy has yet to make an ounce of sense though.

Best ? Cedars of Lebanon.

Favourite

9. White As Snow - This makes me think of two things:-

Firstly Snow/Winter and how magical it is and secondly Innocence :cute:

Least Favourite

11. Cedars Of Lebanon - This sounds to friggin political for my liking, hope I am wrong :huh:

Unknown Caller - it's sorta mysterious
Stand Up Comedy - it takes me to The Fly's irony
Moment Of Surrender - seriousness ala Joshua Tree
No Line On The Horizon - it's odd!

Back
Top Bottom