Fav tracks in order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 Moment of Surrender
2 Magnificent
3 NLOTH
4 Fez-Being Born
5 White As Snow
6 Unknown Caller
7 Cedars of Lebanon
8 Breathe

9 Stand Up Comedy
10 Get On Your Boots
11 Crazy Tonight...

What is wrong with Boots? I can't understand all this slagging from people - I totally love this song and Stand Up Comedy, outstanding too.

I initially disliked Crazy but now find it really cool, really uplifting and it is at the perfect spot on the album to lift the mood.

1 Magnificent
2 Moment of surrender
3 NLOTH
4 Breathe
5 Crazy Tonight
6 Unknown Caller
7 Stand up comedy
8 Cedars of Lebanon
9 White as snow
10 Boots
11 Fez-Being Born, i just don't get this song i guess.

I find many of the songs are very close in terms of quality, so it's hard to separate most of them.

Right now my list is this:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Moment Of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Fez
White As Snow
COL
Crazy Tonight
SUC
GOYB

First 5 are all absolutely top notch, Fez is constantly intriguing, White As Snow is very appropriate for this album, as is Cedars. I've found myself enjoying SUC and Crazy Tonight a lot, which surprises me, so far even the lesser tracks have proven to be worthwhile. GOYB is the only song that's not clicking for me.

No Line On The Horizon
Moment Of Surrender
Cedars Of Lebanon
Magnificent
Unknown Caller
Fez-Being Born
Boots
Breathe
Crazy Tonight
Stand Up Comedy
White As Snow

1. Cedars of Lebanon (I'm really shocked at the low ratings of this song on the lists so far)
2. Unknown Caller
3. White as Snow
4. Fez
5. Moment of Surrender
6. No Line on the Horizon
7. Magnificent
8. Breathe
9. I'll Go Crazy
10. Stand Up Comedy
11. Get on Your Boots (in keeping with post-Achtung tradition, the first single is by far the weakest track on the album, should have been a b-side)

Tier 1 (congratulations, you’re up there with the best they’ve ever, ever done, ever. Have a stiff drink and a cigarette and take tomorrow off, you’ve earned it)
No Line on the Horizon
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
Unknown Caller
Fez-Being Born
White as Snow
Breathe
Cedars of Lebanon

Tier 2 (some of the above will naturally shuffle into here eventually, but not just yet)

Tier 3 (among the very best… if U2’s career began in 2000)
Crazy Tonight
Get On Your Boots

Tier 4 (and what the fuck is this shit? Who let you in?!?)
Stand Up Comedy

Moment of Surrender
Magnificent
White as Snow
Unknown Caller
No Line on the Horizon
Cedars of Lebanon
FEZ Being Born
Crazy
Breathe
Boots
Stand Up Comedy

My 1 week updated list:

My top 6 are still the same. The order hasn't changed, but the classifying has. One more is added to the "Epicness" level (where the songs are at least a 9/10 and will attempt to defy becoming stale, ...ever).

Epicness

1. Moment of Surrender (1)
2. Magnificent (2)
3. No Line on the Horizon (3)

Greatness (where songs are no less than 8/10, but can't make that last jump into the glory of 9 or better. They could, but probably won't.)

4. Cedars of Lebanon (4)
5. Fez-Being Born (5)
6. Unknown Caller (6)
7. Breathe (11)

Breathe made a huge jump! Biggest one for me. The French tv spot played a roll in this. Seeing it live opened my mind more. Maybe this is a sign of things to come when we see more of these songs live. i don't know. All I can say is that the last 48 hours have made me quite addicted to this song. I'm really getting into it!

Good (nothing less than 7/10. Nothing wrong with this. Solid U2 music, doesn't disappoint)

8. Get On Your Boots (8)
9. Crazy Tonight (7)
10. White As Snow (9)

The two place drop for Crazy Tonight is not to say that I like it less. I like it quite a bit. It has an Angel of Harlem vibe going for it in my mind. Feels very Beatles. I don't see it "growing" much for me. It is what it is. A nice poppy U2 song. White As Snow is still in the "growing mode" for me. It is a sweet track and there are some moments in the day that when I hear it, I'm thinking this is damn good.

Okay that leaves the last spot. It is a 6.5/10. Maybe closer to 7/10, but not quite. I think I have become a little frusturated with it. The riff is killer. I really like it a lot. It saves the song for me. In a way it reminds me of Crumbs in that the potential is there, it just doesn't "click." It might grow, but I'm not expecting it to. Maybe a live setting will do it justice. As is, I don't have much confidence that it'll be anything better than a 6.5 to me. Over time it could even drop lower.

11. Stand Up Comedy (10)

The album is brilliant! It is going to be a classic, no doubt in my mind. Best one this decade. Best one since Achtung Baby! Right now it is duking it out for the number 3 spot with the Unforgettable Fire. At the moment I call it a tie, but seeing this stuff live will leave an impression. And if Breathe is any indication, wow!!! :drool:

I have no idea where my original post is and I have no desire to find it. So, after listening to the album multiple times, here is my list now:

1. Breathe
2. Moment of Surrender
3. Magnificent
4. No Line on the Horizon
5. Cedars of Lebanon
6. White as Snow
7. Get on your Boots
8. Crazy Tonight
9. Stand Up Comedy
10. Unknown Caller
11. Fez Being Born

1. Magnificent
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Fez - Being Born
4. Moment Of Surrender
5. Breathe
6. Unknown Caller
7. Crazy Tonight
8. Cedars Of Lebanon
9. White As Snow
10. Stand Up Comedy
11. Get On Your Boots

1. Unknown Caller
2. Fez - Being Born
3. Magnificent
4. No Line On The Horizon
5. Moment Of Surrender
6. Crazy Tonight
7. White As Snow
8. Cedars Of Lebanon
9. Breathe
10. Stand Up Comedy
11. Get On Your Boots

OK... about 20 listens..

1.. MoS Absolutely haunting, beautiful vocal delivery. Got a eye-opened wide moment as soon as he belted out that "Tied myself with wire".

(Magnificent would come here if he didn't say magnificent and the verses were different)

2.. NLOTH. There is something seriouisly funky about this track.

3.. Magnificent. The music is absolutely awesome. The chorus, is awesome. The verses are shocking. The word Magnificent is daft. I really think thay missed an opportunity here. The lyrics seem rushed. It's almost as if they had the music and the chorus and were struggling with the verses, then thought "Fuck it, I give up, let's just put anything down cus we gotta finish the album now."

4.. Breath. Brilliant, brilliant tune. That part with the chello solo makes me start singing "Still broken, bent out of shape, naked in the clothes you made..." The verses, pre-chorus, chorus. Evrything is great. Actually sounds better with the volume down a bit.

5.. IGCIIDGCT. Somewhat ruined by the very poor falsettos. Still quite catchy though.

6..SUC. Quite good.

7.. Cedars of Lebanon - Let down by the goofy "return call to home" bit.

8.. UC. After reading how much everyone loved this, I have tried, and tried, and tried to like it. Listened to it again, and again, and again. But I just don't get it. The verses are good, the intro is good, but the 'computerised' parts are just naff plastered onto noise.

9.. Boots. Good riff, decent verses. Absolutely awful chorus. Too embarassed to play it with anyone around. Why on earth they would use this to advertise their album is beyond me.

10.. Fez - BB. I don't know what this is doing on the album. It just doesn't fit. Very passengers. Having said that, I've found myself humming it recently.

11. WAS. Boring.

Although it sounds very negative above, I love this album. The only tracks I'm skipping are UC and WAS. Even Boots gets a play (when noone is in earshot)

Interestingly, I thought I'd play Achtung Baby after repeatedly listening to this. I'm still actually astonished at how amazing an album Achtung Baby really is. NLOTH doesn't come even close to it, but it's a very good effort. Well done boys!

I just hope MoS get's released as a single - in it's full 7:20 form. DJ's can choose where to start and end it if they don't like the length. I still can't get over why Kite was never released as a single.

This tends to change a bit, but currently:

1. Moment of Surrender
2. Unknown Caller
3. Crazy Tonight
4. No Line
5. Cedars of Lebanon
6. Magnificent
7. Fez - Being Born
8. Breathe
9. Get on Your Boots
10. Stand Up Comedy
11. White as Snow

Very small margins in between some of these though.

11 - White as snow
10 - Unknown Caller
9 - Breathe
8 - No Line on the Horizon
7 - Get on Your Boots
6 - Fez - Being Born
5 - Stand Up Comedy
4 - Moment of Surrender
3 - Crazy Tonight
2 - Magnificient
1 - Cedars of Lebanon

I had an hard making this list......... But for now its like that....

1. Unknown Caller
2. Magnificent
3. Cedars of Lebanon
4. No Line On The Horizon
5. White As Snow
6. I'll Go Crazy..
7. Moment of Surrender
8. Stand Up Comedy
9. Get On Your Boots
10. Breathe
11. FEZ -Being Born

The first songs were easy but I didn't really know what order to put the last ones in.. I like all the songs veryvery much, though I like some of them a little moreX)

1. Magnificent :heart:
2. White as Snow :hug:
3. No Line On the Horizon :up:
4. I´ll go crazy :applaud:
5. Stand up Comedy :up:
6. Moment of Surrender :heart:
7. Breathe :up:
8. Cedars of Lebanon :hug:
9. Unkown Caller :up:
10. FEZ Being Born :cute:
11. Get on your Boots :huh:

1) Unknown Caller, Breathe and Moment of Surrender (ex equo, I love them all too much to choose!)
4) Cedars of Lebanon
5) Magnificent
6) NLOTH
7)Fez-Being Born)
8) White As Snow
9) GOYB
10) Stand Up Comedy
11) I''go crazy...

The album is AWSOME! Only the 3 last tracks of my list do not drive me crazy...:wave:

unknown caller:love:it's an optimistic, beautiful song that I love.
moment of surrender:drool:it's an epic, agonizing song
no line on the horizon:rockon:I want to dance and smash everything around me.
stand up comedy:rockon: another rocker, the kind that makes me not want to dance, but rather bang my head like a madman
fez-being born: :bow:one of those shivers down your spine, surreal songs that sounds like an earthquake with robins in the sky.
I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight:applaud: very light and catchy.
get on your boots:heart: never gets old!
magnificent:dancing:I wanna run to this song!
cedars of lebanon:sad:very mellow and incredibly touching.
white as snow:up: what a build up. Not bad, not exceptional, yet a little over good.
breathe:doh:why can't I feel this song? :sad:

1 Magnificent :drool:
2 I'll Go Crazy:drool:
3 Breathe:hyper:
4 MOS:ohmy:
5 Unknow Caller:heart:
6 No Line :applaud:
7 Stand up Comedy:applaud:
8 Boots:yes:
9 Fez:yes::whistle:
10 Cedars:ohmy:
11 WAS:confused:

1. No Line On The Horizon - can't wait to hear it live. U2 at their best for me.
2. Go Crazy Tonight - a bit poppy but its just a good catchy song, sometimes you need those and it delivers on that level.
3. Stand Up Comedy- see my response for No Line On The Horizon, can't wait for it live.
4. Moment Of Surrender - very moody, intro reminds me a tad of So Cruel. Great album track, might be a tad boring live though. I can see the non diehards falling asleep. ;)
5. Magnificent - Decent song but not "magnificent" to me yet. But I think it could be a grower.
6. Get On Your Boots - I like the song, but it sort of sounds like Vertigo sped up and on steroids and I didn't need a Vertigo sped up on steroids! ;)
7. Breathe - I dont care for the rapping vocal over the music, sounds a bit disjointed to me. I think the chorus and Edge's guitar work are good. Will probably be better live if played.
8. Unknown Caller - I like the music in the song, but I don't think the chorus works all that well.
9. Fez/Being Born - I like the sounds in the song, moody, but doesnt flow very well for me. I think they could have done more with it.
10. White As Snow - just kind of boring. Not completely awful, but should have been a B side or something for a box set down the road.
11. Cedars Of Lebanon - I do not get why so many think this song is so great. It goes nowhere and is just flat out boring to me. I actually burned a new copy of the album to change the tracklisting order and I didnt even put this song on it. :shrug:

Overall its a good album. I think its slightly better than Bomb as its more cohesive. I think about 5 or 6 songs are very good to excellent which is pretty good. Its just not that complete album like Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby I'm hoping happens again someday. Its tough to do obviously, most groups get one album like that in their lifetimes. U2 has two. Its is refreshing though to see that they can continue to make great music.

1. Moment of Surrender :heart:
2. Magnificient
3. Crazy Tonight
4. Unknown Caller
5. White as snow
6. Breathe
7.No Line on the Horizon
8. Get on Your Boots
9.Stand Up Comedy
10. Fez - Being Born
11. Cedars of Lebanon

1. magnificent - brilliant
2. MOS - the vocal
3. Unknown - unique
4. Fez - BB - the music is glorious as is the vocal
5. WAS - beautiful and sad
6. Breath - the pre melody chorus - best thing u2 has written
7. NLOTH - harder yet beautiful keyboards reminds me of the ocean
8. Ceders - dark and haunting
9. GOYB - interesting and new
10 Crazy - catchy and poppy it serves its purpose
11. Stand Up - this song really ruins the album from reaching masterpiece standing for me. I do like the last minute or so but overall it sounds so unnatural, calculated and forced/contrived - its not rocking or hard it is cheesy and poorly executed - it just ruins the flow of the album - i find it hard believe they didn't have any other songs that worked better on the album or were better in general and that really bothers me

OK - after having listened just this album for a week :combust:

1 - Magnificient :drool:
2 - Moment of Surrender :drool:
3 - No Line on the Horizon :drool:
4 - Unknown Caller :drool:

5 - I´ll Go crazy... :heart:
6 - Stand Up Comedy :heart:
7 - Get on Your Boots :heart:
8 - Fez - Being Born :heart:

9 - White as Snow :up:
10 - Breathe :up:
11 - Cedars of Lebanon :up:

1. Magnificent
2. Moment of Surrender
3. I'll Go Crazy...
4. Cedars of Lebanon

Those are the "Big Four" that give this album it's soul.

5. Get On Your Boots
6. Breathe
7. FEZ-Being Born
8. Unknown Caller
9. Stand Up Comedy
10. White As Snow
11. No Line on The Horizon

1 . Magnificient.
2. No line on the Horizon.
3. MoS,
4. WaS, Breathe, CoL
7. Stand up Comedy (A mess, but a nice one. Love certain parts of the lyrics. It is stuck in my head right now).
8. Fez (doesn't get to where it appears to go. Feels uncomplete).
9. GOYB (gets a plus because perhaps I'm too full of it for listening it that much).
10. Crazy Tonight (is like that part of ATYCLB that I don't like. Non trascendent like when I look at the world).
11. Unknown Caller (silly lyrics, don't like how they sing it, doesn't have a musical core, it's various things put together)

Today, I'm going through the album skipping tracks 4 to 6.

1. Magnificent :heart: :heart:
2. Breathe :heart:
3. NLOTH :heart:
4. Moment of Surrender :heart:
5. GOYB :heart:
6. Unknown Caller :heart:
7. Crazy :heart:
8. Stand Up Comedy :heart:
9. Fez :heart:
10. Cedars of Lebanon :heart:

11. White As Snow :|

Back