Farewell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we talking about the end now?

Songs of Innocence
Songs of Experience
Songs of Ascent

Could this be the end? Sure. But a brilliant ending. But I am still to busy :yippie:ing and :happydance:ing.

Let's get to Songs of Experience first.

The end ? I think two more albums - another *trilogy and in 2020 they'll probably have a good and hard talk.

They haven't seemed this vibrant since 1988. I'll say it: 1988. Even on Achtung Baby, it seemed like they had to fight to get their masterpieces. Whereas this all sounds effortless.

Whether I'm misunderstanding the context in which your speaking, I'm not sure, but considering this album was perhaps five years in the making, wouldn't you call that them having to 'fight to get their masterpieces', too?

Whether I'm misunderstanding the context in which your speaking, I'm not sure, but considering this album was perhaps five years in the making, wouldn't you call that them having to 'fight to get their masterpieces', too?

I'm speaking as to the result, not the process. Yes, I understand that they have battled creatively for 5 years, nay 20, to reach this place. But the result feels effortless in a way which little of their work has since maybe as long ago as 1988.

When I first heard the lyrics to 'Gone' on POP I thought that maybe the band would call it quits.

When I first heard the last verse of 'Kite' on ATYCLB, I thought that might be it for the band.

When I watched them go all out on the 360 tour, creating a spectacle that might never be topped, I thought that would such an amazing high on which to call it quits, they just might decide to do it.

When I first heard that U2 might be unloading up to 3 albums of songs en masse in a short period of time, I thought that might be their last, grandest gesture before sailing off to the Grey Havens.

When I first...

Sent from my fingertips.

Back
Top Bottom