[FAKE] 1st Single : Get Your Boots On - Jan 6th world premiere for Macworld

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, after this and the U2Spain debacle, the Spanish contingent of U2 fandom aren't making any friends...:huh:

why? what are they saying?

They have no doubt it's a joke and are pissed also. They admit it was a really plausible joke though.

:lol: my biggest concern initially was that they'd include some exclusive tracks in the reissue of the Complete U2 and I'd have to buy it again. :lmao:

Weak sauce.

But, either way, it won't be that long before we hear the single so this isn't a big deal. Also, I agree that the thread title needs to be changed. Save some people from disappointment.

Glad it's fake. I don't want them launching a new album or single at Crapple.

Yeah, I saw this thread just now and thought "I trust these bastards as far as I can throw them"...

read the first page in jubilation and then proceeded to the last page only to be pissed off
:angry::angry::angry:

I would find this funny if U2spain wasn't the same way on non-April Fools' Days.

:angry: I just ran out and told my parents and they got so excited, now my mom wants an iphone! :lol: then i read the rest of the thread :mad: I thought that sounded kinda weird when I read it...

Actually, it is a really weird idea if you think about about it, but I (like I imagine most of us) just saw "single"..."release"..."Jan. 6"...and went apeshit. Nothing else crossed my mind until it was outed as a fake. In conclusion:

I need someone to hold me. :sad:

U2spain makes a terrible act of spam
U2miracle makes only a joke for "Spanish official joke day"

It's not the same.

i hope this is a joke, releasing their first single of a new album wich they have worked on for more than 4 years, at the same time apple releases a new iphone.
that sucks, u2 should do their own promotion and not via apple

Anything other than this and the Spanish April Fool's Day to prove it as false?

Well, other than everyone on the Spanish sites are having a big laugh, no.

You'd think they would have taken down the story already. Maybe they're waiting for the media to pick it up. :lol:

Thank god I've come here just now. I don't know what I'd have been doing if I had seen the news before people found out it's fake:|

Actually, it is a really weird idea if you think about about it, but I (like I imagine most of us) just saw "single"..."release"..."Jan. 6"...and went apeshit. Nothing else crossed my mind until it was outed as a fake.

I thought it was odd and was going to comment on it, but it occurred to me that it's always something they might do.

I'm glad it's a fake.. launching a new album/single at an Apple event is a horrific concept.

That was exactly my first thought.

i hope this is a joke, releasing their first single of a new album wich they have worked on for more than 4 years, at the same time apple releases a new iphone.
that sucks, u2 should do their own promotion and not via apple

I don't think Apple or Mac will be getting a piece of the current U2 pie.

I thought it was odd and was going to comment on it, but it occurred to me that it's always something they might do.

Elevation Partners has just recently sunk $100 million into Palm and now own 42% of it. I can't help but think any future players will be in the form of a Palm product.

also, I receive regular emails from MacWorld about the upcoming comference and there has been no mention of U2. Something as big as a U2 launch would have been all up in their news simply to get people to their conference.

That's just my thoughts/speculation - I know nothing. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom