Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clip 5 is great - been listening to it all morning - people shouldnt try and compare it as it sounds nothing like previous songs. sounds like it could be a closer though. so far all tracks are brillant...bring it on!

sorry but it's impossible to know how I feel about any of these tracks till I buy the cd...high quality sound...preferably alone without any outside influence...absorb...lyrics meshed with music arranged in a manipulative way...until then...its just fuzzzzzzzzzz...as to having an opinion...who doesn't?:huh:

Clip 2

I can distitly hear the playoff to the chorus at 1:10 & 2:18 as "Breathe, I can Breathe"

Title of it being "Breathe" or "I Can Breathe" ??

Fifth clip sound interesting and not bad at all. The only thing I don't really like are the whowho chants. Those bits give me the "boyscouts in the woods singing along near a crispy fire" feel.

It's kind of weird I'm really digging all of the clips even 5, but at the same time I know that if Bono's lyrics are as poor has they've been for the last couple of albums then regardless of how good the music and the melody is then the lyrical clunkers will stop the album taking off.

Miracle Drug is an example of a decent enough song swamped down by appalling lyrics as is Love and Peace

Clip four sounds the most interesting, but I think only because it's the only one in which I can hear a clear tune. I don't know how any of you all are forming such opinions from these clips! They're so muddled, quiet, with a nice overlay of ocean sounds and people talking.

It's such a tease! Can't wait for a real leak ripped from a CD ;).

Hey stealthboy...

If you're using iTunes to listen you should try going to equalizer, turning everything down to zero except 2k & 4k which you should put up to the max and put the preamp up to max as well...

Makes everything sound much clearer.

edit: Most other programs should have an equalizer option as well - it really makes a big difference to mess around with it!

Dont count on all the songs being b-sides, I would say if you dont like at least 2 of these tracks then Id argue you never liked any of the previous sounds of U2 in the first place. These tracks have sounds from the 80s, 90s and 2000s in them, Bonos voice is sounding great and Edge truely is "on fire" right now as well as the rythem section is sounding as good as ever.

That being said you cant please everybody but I think this album will do well at pleasing most.

I hope these are b-sides...

None of these songs are great at all

:hmm:

I'd say they'll grow on you... Hope so because I could certainly see at least 4 of them making the album! #5 is the only one I'd have doubts over... Played them through for a friend whos just a casual fan last night and he was very impressed! Helped me to realize that Im not just over-hypeing it!!

I hope these are b-sides...

None of these songs are great at all

Now that the excitement has worn off, I would agree that these tracks are underwhelming. But they are in rough form and do have potential. At this point, I think it's safe to say that fans pining for another album in the vein of Achtung Baby are in for a disappointment. So these desperate and forced attempts to compare some element of the new songs to some element of the Achtung songs need to just stop now.

Now that the excitement has worn off, I would agree that these tracks are underwhelming. But they are in rough form and do have potential. At this point, I think it's safe to say that fans pining for another album in the vein of Achtung Baby are in for a disappointment.

Get over it everyone, U2 will NOT make another Achtung Baby or Joshua Tree nor would I want them to because that would be U2 copying U2!! Plus this late in their careers I don't think they could ever top that and I don't care. I think thought these songs are amazing and as long as they give us a nice solid record then thats all I wwant from them. I don't want them to make AB-2 that would be boring!

Now that the excitement has worn off, I would agree that these tracks are underwhelming. But they are in rough form and do have potential.

These songs sound anything but "rough" to me. I hope they don't mess with these songs and put them on the album the way they sound right now.

Maybe fans should stop listening to the new clips non-stop. You can have your favourite song, but if you listen to it all the time, it will begin to bore you. Keep the excitement fresh and listen to other music.

I hope they don't mess with these songs and put them on the album the way they sound right now.

With waves and idle chatter and muffled lead guitar and percussion parts? Actually, come to think of it, if Radiohead did that it would be hailed as innovative!

You've got to be kidding me! That sounds like rationalization to me.

What would be boring is another record in the same scope as the last couple albums and singles.

I did not say that I want HTDAAB or ATYCLB 2 either but although AB is my all time favorite album I wouldn't like another one like that. Been there done that. I just want a record with good melodies. Come on we expect way too much of U2 these days and thats why now so many people seem so disappointed. We keep comparing each album to AB or JT and that is not fair because if you compare to these master pieces then yes for sure you will be disappointed!

Now that the excitement has worn off, I would agree that these tracks are underwhelming.

What do you mean the excitement has worn off? You've been down on these tracks like a ton of bricks since you started posting! :ohmy:

Edit: And of course you're entitled to be lukewarm about them! I'm just happy that the clips sound fantastic to my ears and are giving me lots of listening pleasure even with being muffled and all the extraneous noise!

Ah I know, sorry! Just remembered you were gettin a bit down on things in the Sexy Boots thread...!

I've been up and down with these songs. It's probably my fault for confusing you. Sorry about that. I'm a bit obsessed. Kind of like when a long lost love leaves you a voicemail and you listen to it over and over and over again trying to figure out exactly what they meant.. :wink:

The nostelgia of people that long for the U2 of 20 and 30 years ago will always be around. There was always going to be a certain percentage of people that didnt like the new material no matter what it was, and thats fine. Hopefully they will give the material a better listen however when it comes out in better quality.

Back
Top Bottom