Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By your estimate? And the dozen reports and upteen printed speculations out there...

Take it easy. If I didn't state that it was just my opinion, there'd be a post with someone jumping down my throat saying that I "don't know for sure" the release date since nothing's official, so I put "my estimate" as a disclaimer.

Moment of Surrender I think you can go ahead and put into the bag as well.

oh yeah! that's the one i was thinking of haha...

yes, so 2 titles 99.9999999999999999999999% chance at this point:

No Line On the Horizon
Moment of Surrender

anything else shouldn't be taken too seriously....even "Get On Your Boots" ....I'll believe it when I hear something official at this point...I mean if I had to guess right now, I'd say that's probably going to be the song title of clip 3....but as of now...those 2 are the only ones :shrug:

oh yeah, and cause everyone loves titles so much...I'll say that those two aren't bad at all...NLOTH is definitely superior to MOS, but they are both pretty good....so far so good! :pray:

Pretty much confirmed:

Clip 1 = The "oh oh oh ohhhhhh" song from Here Is What Is
Clip 2 = Breathe
Clip 3 = Get On Your Boots
Clip 4 = ???
Clip 5 = ???

My guess:

• Surface Of Your Love = For Your Love
  • NLOTH and MOS have not been heard by anyone on the forum yet
  • The album title will NOT be No Line On The Horizon

Pretty much confirmed:

Clip 1 = The "oh oh oh ohhhhhh" song from Here Is What Is
Clip 2 = Breathe
Clip 3 = Get On Your Boots
Clip 4 = ???
Clip 5 = ???

My guess:

• Surface Of Your Love = For Your Love
  • NLOTH and MOS have not been heard by anyone on the forum yet
  • The album title will NOT be No Line On The Horizon
Clip 4 = For Your Love?
(just a wild guess from the lyrics that I hear)

For Your Love = the May HQ Clip we got I believe. "Running to the Surface for your love". Makes too much sense, and I think that riff is audible in points of it. Clip 4 is a different song altogether.

I'm not putting any faith into any of these titles until I see it confirmed by the band.

This band tinkers with songs constantly and what is called "Breathe" today could be called "The Rivers That Run Through The Valley of Our Hearts" tomorrow (yes, I made that title up because it's long and weird and kind of U2-ish, but you get my point, right?) with a totally different set of lyrics, different vocal melody, drum pattern, etc.

They're so quick to discard previous work and move onto something new.

Remember when Stuck in a Moment was supposed to have Mick Jagger on it?

By Tuesday of next week we're going to be talking up a storm here.......

Well, I guess I should stay away from the racetrack this week.......:down:

In all seriousness, my U2 radar was up for something going down today.:hyper:
I wonder if they actually might postpone until March.....:angry:
then again, a video has been shot, no?:applaud:
Ok, so maybe they're just being really tight with this one....:love:

Two things I've noticed on listening to these clips for the first time in weeks:

Clip 3:
From about :25-:37 Bono's singing reminds me of something. I mean I feel like I have heard this before. I just can't put my finger on it but it isn't U2.

Clip 2:
At 2:28 Bono sings a bit that was on 409. Yes the Strokes song which says to me Bono was singing 409. :hmm:

I deliberately didn't listen to these clips in anticipation that the album wasn't long away. Now its gonna be 6 months, its time to have another listen using the mixing desk and audiophile headphones.

I bet 1 pint of guiness (cos I know im right):

1- cedars of Lebanon (Bono sings 'take me cross the desert to lebabon' at 10sec then 'children to the cedars of xxxxxon (ie not lebanon). 1st Chorus 'Go, shout it out, rise up, oh oh oh ohhh, uh uh oh oh ooh, make it stop & *****. The second chorus is slightly different

2- Breathe - as mentioned on the ATU2 forum under "I went walking into the streets today" link: @U2 Forum - U2 Fan Community

3) Get On Yer Boots - as talked about in various forums/sites and confirmed by edge

4) No Line on the Horizon - Bono sings the line very clearly at 2:09

And that my friends is that, anyone fancy a pint

any leak out there that might be Moment of Surrender?

Yes, a really poor clip from June by Brazilian/portugese fans visiting Hanover Quay where nothing is very prominent just something brief that sounds like a synthesizer or piano (the sound/chords reminded me of the instrumental break in 403 from 2006).
It's almost impossible to hear anything on it so I wouldn't waste my time if I were you, it's way below beach clip standard.

Back
Top Bottom