Extra track on Linear is: Winter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason everyone thought White as Snow is Winter is because Dave Fanning said White as Snow is to be in Brothers, which everyone had heard Winter was supposed to be in. So, now there's some conflicting stories.

The reason everyone thought White as Snow is Winter is because Dave Fanning said White as Snow is to be in Brothers, which everyone had heard Winter was supposed to be in. So, now there's some conflicting stories.

oh that's true. he did say that. i wonder if he made an incorrect assumption too, lol!

While I expect the album to be great and I am buying the crazy $100 edition, I can't say that I'm expecting much from this movie. It's going to be moody B-roll with outtakes. While that appeals to me, it's not something that is owning for the average fan.

I remember people making fun of me for liking U2 and now U2 fans are making fun of Coldplay fans. Whatever, they are both great bands - get over it.

Yeah I preordered the album on iTunes and there are two extra tracks available when it comes out...I wonder what those two could be??? :hmm:

Since White as snow is about brothers I strongly believe this is the soundtrack song.

While I expect the album to be great and I am buying the crazy $100 edition, I can't say that I'm expecting much from this movie. It's going to be moody B-roll with outtakes. While that appeals to me, it's not something that is owning for the average fan.

Esp since the day after we get it, whatever new tracks are in the film will be ripped as MP3s and posted here and none of us will ever watch the movie again...

You know what would have been cool? If U2 put the track on the album; I seriously doubt it's b-side material or nearly as lame as "Salome" or "Always" or the hundreds of post-Joshua Tree b-sides that really suck. However, I just hope they put these extra tracks on the singles, and don't leave them as some itunes exclusive. Then, most is forgiven.

Oh. My. God. Always and Salome lame??? I'm sure you're a fantastic human being but even a fantastic human being who things Salome is lame has bad taste.

p.s.- Robert Plant's favorite U2 song is Salome.

So...the report would seem to indicate that there's only one extra song in the movie. I'm happy to get any extra material but I was hoping for a little more than that...two songs at the least. Wasn't there supposed to be 14 tracks?

Oh. My. God. Always and Salome lame??? I'm sure you're a fantastic human being but even a fantastic human being who things Salome is lame has bad taste.

p.s.- Robert Plant's favorite U2 song is Salome.
Seriously. Do you think "Salome" deserves to be an a-side? I first heard it in 1993 when some radio was broadcasting it and I usually tried really hard to like anything by U2, but I thought it sounded terrible. Very cheesy '80s. Awful song. Also "Always" is just "Beautiful Day" but not as good.

You can think I have bad taste, though. The feeling would be mutual.

Seriously. Do you think "Salome" deserves to be an a-side? I first heard it in 1993 when some radio was broadcasting it and I usually tried really hard to like anything by U2, but I thought it sounded terrible. Very cheesy '80s. Awful song. Also "Always" is just "Beautiful Day" but not as good.

You can think I have bad taste, though. The feeling would be mutual.

I like Salome. I agree that it's not A-side material...the band felt the same way, obviously. I'm also thankful for it, because we wouldn't have gotten Zoo Station had it not been written.

I like Salome. I agree that it's not A-side material...the band felt the same way, obviously. I'm also thankful for it, because we wouldn't have gotten Zoo Station had it not been written.
Really? I know next to nothing about the AB sessions because I wasn't an active fan when it was being written.

I'm grateful to anything if it leads to a great song, of course. Same with "Lady with the Spinning Head", which I've never cared for, but adore The Fly and Ultraviolet, which have elements of that song.

That's what I generally love about U2's approach. There are no worthy b-sides to search for in vain because they all suck and the band really tries to put put the best stuff on the album and I'm grateful for that.

Esp since the day after we get it, whatever new tracks are in the film will be ripped as MP3s and posted here and none of us will ever watch the movie again...

But the film could be good

Control is one of my favourite movies so I'm really looking forward to this

Anyone know what that song's about, or what Salome even is?

I heard it had something to do with John the Baptist or something.

I might have to go google it later.

Salome was the daughter of King Herod's wife. She danced her ass off (shake it shake it shake it Salome...) and King Herod was impressed and allowed her a wish. Salome asked for the head of John the Baptist on a platter as her wish.

Hope this helps.

Salome was the daughter of King Herod's wife. She danced her ass off (shake it shake it shake it Salome...) and King Herod was impressed and allowed her a wish. Salome asked for the head of John the Baptist on a platter as her wish.

Hope this helps.

:up:

thanks!

it all makes sense. I thought it had something to do with it. I read somewhere that this song had a lot to do with Mysterious Ways, which is about the death of John the Baptist. Thanks for the clarification.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom