Every Breaking Wave Will Be U2's Biggest Global Smash Hit Since Magnificent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm confused. That doesn't exactly sound like an official video:

Aoife McArdle’s Every Breaking Wave is a short film based on the U2 song of the same name. Set on the streets of 1970s Northern Ireland, Every Breaking Wave is built around themes of emotional abandon and the uncertainty of romantic relationships.

Every Breaking Wave follows two teenagers who fall in love amidst ongoing violence. The short film's emotional core is centered around "Every Breaking Wave" and "The Troubles," two tracks drawn from U2's most recent album Songs of Innocence.

Very cool and this must have been what that filming was all about last year that we thought were videos for The Troubles video. Think a clip of this with U2 spliced in in parts for EBW would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I actually really liked it. Much better than another boring band video. The use of acoustic EBW right after the full band version was a bit odd though.

I wonder if they will get backlash for evoking the Troubles of the 1970s.
Odd choice to connect with EBW.

(and not even one second of Raised by wolves, the one song about that issue on the album)

Nice to hear the Troubles.

I think it could have used a little less "fookin this and fookin that" but nice video regardless

I love that after all that kerfuffle about them filming in Northern Island it wasn't actually a U2 project.

Great short film,but isnt it set in the 80's?it highlights the poster of october on the wall.

I think it could have used a little less "fookin this and fookin that" but nice video regardless

Agree with you here. Personally, I think cursing and swearing generally shows a lack of creativity. But I still like the way the mini-film was sequenced to the music.

Thats a great little film. For what it is, i couldn't help finding myself glued to it for the duration.

Yes the kids smoke and curse a lot, every other word or breath is FUCK and inhale/exhale. So what, as long as it's authentic to what they are trying to portray?

The violence is probably spot on. Not that i would know, but from everything i have heard it's probably the real deal.

Every soul has scars. Every scar has a beating heart. Every tough guy has moments where he can't tell the difference between his own sweat or tears.

Well done :up:

Back
Top Bottom