Eno said...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my rockin' U2 best, but without question, their bread and butter for the world is something slow. I have no problem with that. Every album has something(s) slow. In fact, there is really nothing to comment on here but the new title itself.

I would be a whole lot more excited about an Eno/Lanois production if All That You Can't Leave Behind never happened. That album was ruined by its production. Songs like Walk On, Kite and Stuck in a Moment sound so much better live it's not even funny. So, I'm not believing the hype at all. What Eno said about Stuck in a Moment was laughable, I don't except that this will be any different.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Moment of Surrender, huh? Still sounds like one of those titles where the song is going to be filled with "Kneel", "Heal", "Love", "Soul", and other Bono keywords. I'll just have to hear it.

Mercy wouldn't really be described as "slow", though. Unless they ruined it with a new version.

I'm getting very worried that it's not going to be on the album. If this is supposed to be less a collection of singles than the last two, they just may have felt it didn't feel right to include a 4 year-old outtake. Though it could have been used as a starting-off point, which would be great.

Hmm, "Moment of Surrender"...also known as the point where one gives... "Mercy"? :eyebrow:

I don't know if the two songs will be related, or if Mercy is scrapped for the new album, but they do sound (in title) a bit similar.

Maybe that's a stretch.

Definitely a stretch, but interesting idea. I see a connection in the content of Mercy. However for it to be the best thing U2's ever done (and I am very pro-Mercy) they'd have had to rework it quite a bit.

I'm getting very worried that it's not going to be on the album. If this is supposed to be less a collection of singles than the last two, they just may have felt it didn't feel right to include a 4 year-old outtake. Though it could have been used as a starting-off point, which would be great.

I agree, but maybe we'll get another quick album released after this one that has some of the excess stuff, we know they've been working a while on several different sounds.

nah, probably not.

Given the description that it was described as slow paced and full of atmosphere, I would go ahead and cross Mercy from being a possibility. Maybe if they completely destroy Mercy, you'll see some lines from it pop up here and there (Levitate-> Miracle Drug) etc.

Definitely a stretch, but interesting idea. I see a connection in the content of Mercy. However for it to be the best thing U2's ever done (and I am very pro-Mercy) they'd have had to rework it quite a bit.

I agree 100% (I'm also pro-Mercy!). The only connection that popped into my head immediately between the two songs was their titles. Not enough for an even halfway valid speculation, I suppose. :reject:

Moment of Surrender is a great title itself. I can't wait to hear the actual song! :hyper::waiting:

Im not a big fan of slow songs but i suppose WOWY could be counted as slow and thats my fav song of all time.

Running to Stand Still anyone?!?! I got the impression that this will sound like Running to Stand Still but a little more rockier (more drums and a little faster) but a beautiful melody with layers and subtleties with good arrangements and beautiful poetry

U2 are fabulous with slow songs, I cannot wait to hear this.
And I won't speculate about a song I only know the title of - it's not even sure if this is the real or only a working title.
I don't think you can judge a song just by its title without having heard a single note.

I think Mercy will be on there, I mean it is an epic song, not some throw-away b-side or something. It's the kind of song that you build an album and sound around, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom